Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Brooklyn is The Green-Wood Cemetery and on top of battle hill is a monument of the civil war soldiers. I was there today and took these pictures. It's in full view of the 9-11 Freedom Tower, which replaced The Twin Towers.
Plant Sky Building Cloud Skyscraper

Plant Building Sculpture Statue Art
Photograph Temple Sculpture Statue Art
Plant Sky Building Cloud Skyscraper
Sky Plant Tree Cloud Stairs
Sculpture Temple Statue Architecture Art
Statue Temple Sculpture Art Monument
Plant Building Sculpture Statue Art

Sculpture Temple Statue Architecture Art

Statue Temple Sculpture Art Monument

Photograph Temple Sculpture Statue Art

Sky Plant Tree Cloud Stairs

·
Super Moderator
26,013 Posts
Very nicely done pics! That monument reminds me of the Gettysburg Battlefield monuments---they are very similar in appearance. I wonder if they were built in the same era?

Reactions: M700 and 308/338

·
Registered
615 Posts
Why haven’t these racist monuments been torn down by the BLM and Antifa and erased from History? Maybe it is because they do not fit the narrative.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Why haven’t these racist monuments been torn down by the BLM and Antifa and erased from History? Maybe it is because they do not fit the narrative.

Shush GIFs | Tenor

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe it is because they do not fit the narrative.
Yeah, I get it. I posted this in hope it would be appreciated here no matter of our differences.
Tony.

Reactions: M700

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The work done on those statutes is superb. Do you know if they are bronze or stone (or something else)? They don't look like bronze because there is no green discoloration.
Time has taken its toll on the original statutes. These statutes are actual copies. The original statutes were shipped to a foundry where they were copied, and new statutes were casted. The original statutes are stored. I don't believe the new statutes are made of metal as valuable as bronze so not to be stolen for scrap.
Tony🗽

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time has taken its toll on the original statutes. These statutes are actual copies. The original statutes were shipped to a foundry where they were copied, and new statutes were casted. The original statutes are stored. I don't believe the new statutes are made of metal as valuable as bronze so not to be stolen for scrap.
Tony🗽
There is a ceremony once a year and a reenactment of the Battle of Long Island also known as the battle of Brooklyn on Battle Hill. The advent is held by the Brooklyn Historical Society to honor the colonial war and nothing to do with the civil war. PS. In case you haven't already guess it, yes Washington's men fought the British on and round Battle Hill. Hence the name, Battle Hill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts