Marlin Firearms Forum banner

city dwellers flocking to the country?

3K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  Goldtrigger 
#1 ·
I saw something about city people headed to the hills to try and avoid what they think is coming in urban areas. with so many out of work how long will it be till desperation sets in and snowflake idiots thinking they can cure the virus with herbs if they could grow a garden.

#3 · (Edited)
Sounds like an excellent plan. Move away from the advanced medical care that may be required to handle the infection.

The only thing I've seen about this is people who have second homes away from the city are moving to them temporarily to avoid infection which is not a bad plan if you have the cash and resources.

I don't know if I'd call that "flocking".

Link to article?

#4 ·
There is a fact based science that certain herbs can alleviate symptoms of an illness, but they cannot cure an illness.
As far as the "city folk" go, once their internet access or cell service is disrupted, they will be completely curled up in a fetal position, crying for momma.
Andrew

#25 ·
Yes and many do not know how to fix anything or cook. They typically buy prepared foods and fast foods.

#8 ·
I don't think that will go over real good. Slack may be cut for family members that have ended up in cities. On the whole I would say for the Snow Flakes to stay home. They think the same people that they call stupid and backward are going to welcome them with open arms. More than likely some may get squeal like a pig lessons. No, best thing is for them to stay home and wait for the Liberal Dems running their cities to save them. Good luck with that.

#12 ·
There are other viruses far more deadly than Covid-19. I think people are just panicking and I put the blame on the media for making a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people that are unfortunate enough, to get it will recover from it. Not saying that people shouldn't take precautions. But the way people are acting is just ridiculous. And yes I'm one of those persons who can't even find a loaf of bread at the grocery store, because of the panicked hoarders. And the way people act, his may just be an eye opener for worst things that could possibly come in the future. What this has shown me is how chaos can bring even the strongest economies and nations to a halt. And all, because of panic. Wow. Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep a good head on your shoulders.

#14 ·
I’m in rural SE Ohio. Just returned from town, population about 300, one store. We have all the bread, milk, food as we normally have. The Corona virus is like something in foreign country. I believe it’s false panic for politics and it’s going to end in near future. There is news that two people in next county north have tested positive. Interstate 70 runs through it with restaurants and service stations. It won’t be long before numbers expand.

I wonder what the statistics for Bird, Swine, etc flu in past were. I think it would have been similar. Not that Corona is not serious but how serious when compared to past strains? What is to be done? The world can’t stop and stay behind closed doors. It doesn’t make sense. It can’t go on. Not as medical emergency but world economic collapse. There is a body behind this that is driving the panic. Modern medicine can save a lot of lives but Mother Nature will take the weak. The attitude that everyone can be saved is nuts.

#17 ·
This Corona news is 24/7 and is keeping other important news off the air. Still not much on Iraq air strikes, investigations into political crimes, etc. There is no reason for 24/7 clog up. We have earth quake in Utah? We also have Dem politicians causing panic. War powers act may give Trump a means to shut down the Dems politicizing of Corona Virus.

#18 ·
I have a home in suburban Cincinnati. And another in rural coastal NC.

I have many more resources available at my Ohio home. Food, books, and especially medical care.

Yesterday I heard a local to me NC doctor ask folks not to come to their coastal vacation homes during the "social distancing". Not only will it strain the local grocery stores, but if they need medical care, that won't be available either. It will overwhelm the local heath care, and should they need hospitalization and ICU, that won't be available either. The smaller communities don't have the ventilators, experience, nor bed space to handle numbers of critically ill patients. They're better off staying where they are.

During the worst of the experience in China, certain hospitals were designated COVID-19 only. Every patient there was infected. We may need to do the same in this country. It is an option in the larger cities where there are several hospitals. It is not an option in rural areas where there is only one. People will still be having appendicitis, heart attacks, broken bones, etc. They don't need to be exposed to COVID also.

#26 ·
I'm sure that not everyone has read Frank Herbert's book, Dune. A great quote from that book: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."
Or much better: "Fear not, for i am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
No matter what you believe, fear will drive the masses to be irrational. Only those who remain rational can create hope. There is no doubt that there are those who are using this as opportunity to promulgate fear. I had the privilege of growing up with parents and extended family members of the previous generation, now passed on, who had great wisdom. I also personally knew individuals who survived the concentration camps of WWII. They all reminded me that the keys to making it through difficult crises included calm, focused, rational thinking. One can only hope that there are enough people in this country (world) who can grasp and maintain calm and rational focus.

#29 ·
The MSM blows everything out of proportions. I am SICK and TIRED of hearing that Loud Mouth TRAITOR Jim Acosta saying this is the "Trump Virus" and rural white people are all RACISTS.

Its a good thing he doesn't live anywhere close to where I live. The back mountain boys would be happy to show that worthless piece of FECES how we handle Traitors like him. His wake up call would be a TIRE IRON across the front of his mouth, he'd be spitting all his teeth out. They'd take him "Behind the woodshed", beat him to within an inch of his life, and leave him for dead. They'd be no witnesses. :flybye:

Too bad, it would make for a GREAT Friday night "Revival" on the back mountain. :thrasher:

Mike T.

#30 ·
And the dems are claiming that Trump calling it the Chinese Virus is racist. Really? That is where it originated. Ever hear of the Spanish Flu?

#32 · (Edited)
Most researchers now believe the Spanish flu started in the US. It was during the 1914-18 war, brought over the Europe by the US Army when you joined in 1917. The reason it was called the Spanish flu was because Spain was especially hard hit. So maybe we should call this one the Italian flu?

There is a history of naming things to shift blame. For example in the 17th century STDs here were called 'The French Pox'. Though now as then blame seems irrelevant and unhelpful.

#31 ·
This virus is going to destroy many peoples lives and hopes. First and foremost of course, lives lost. But not forgetting those who have worked hard to create small and medium sized business's that wont survive.

Sadly, many a business will fail because of this. Whatever else, a complete absence of custom cannot be sustained for very long without irreversible damage. Such a shame.

#35 ·
If they keep up the panic for much longer it's going to bring on hard times. It may provide for the turn around in this country. How many people are going to want to hear about giving out free stuff to others who made bad personal choices. How about free stuff for illegals.

How long before civil disorder starts? In the cities of course. I give it about a week.

#37 ·
If they keep up the panic for much longer it's going to bring on hard times. It may provide for the turn around in this country. How many people are going to want to hear about giving out free stuff to others who made bad personal choices. How about free stuff for illegals.

How long before civil disorder starts? In the cities of course. I give it about a week.
There should be a law against people wearing $300 NBA star named sneakers AND receiving welfare too.

You are right though, this is a turning point for America. I've been saying for DECADES that enriching China will only come back to bite us in the ass. When I look at this from a pragmatic point of view, this is a very necessary kick to America's nuts. It's gonna hurt, but it will go away and we will have learned a valuable lesson. Protect your nuts!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.