Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chronos, alpha or beta. what is the difference?.Its lookin good for a new one on Fathers day.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I have the Chrony F1 Master. The remote display and on off switch is a must at the range I use most often. I write down my numbers and plug them into an Excel spreadsheet I made to do the calculations when I get home. It handles strings up to 20 shots and outputs high, low, average, extreme spread, standard deviation, kinetic energy and power factor. If you'd like, you can download a copy here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/imashooter2/crnycalc.xls

The PACT is also a nice unit and so is the ProChrono.

·
Registered
463 Posts
fltcrkhilbily said:
Chronos, alpha or beta. what is the difference?.Its lookin good for a new one on Fathers day.
The beta master works great............untill

with a crony.........it's just a matter of time! :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
jaycocreek said:
What happened?

Jayco.
I was at the range, testing some 243 Win loads in my Handirifle. The Crony was set up about 15' from the bench. Nearest I can figure was the full loads of 90gr BT's ( being very load out of the 20" barrel) offended my Crony, and it charged! Luckily, I had just chambered another round and was able to stop the charge and dropped the angry Crony, just 15' from the bench! Nobody else was there at the time, so the situation would have gotten ugly if I had not realized the situation and acted!
They can't be trusted! :D

G

·
Like snake river rufus, I've had good luck out of my simple Pact I for several years. Just have to make sure the sun doesn't sneak around and hit the eye with the screens on or you can use it without screens on a overcast day. Pact has a new improved model now that I would look at. I bought mine on one of Midway's specials and trust it fairly well. I've never shot the screens but did have the wind come up one time and blow it over breaking a couple of pcs. Pact will sell you some more and make you notice the wind more. BM

Bill

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input folks. The misses got me a pro chrono digital. just tried it out yesterday. :D :D . I see much fun down the road.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
reloaderman said:
jaycocreek said:
What happened?

Jayco.
I was at the range, testing some 243 Win loads in my Handirifle. The Crony was set up about 15' from the bench. Nearest I can figure was the full loads of 90gr BT's ( being very load out of the 20" barrel) offended my Crony, and it charged! Luckily, I had just chambered another round and was able to stop the charge and dropped the angry Crony, just 15' from the bench! Nobody else was there at the time, so the situation would have gotten ugly if I had not realized the situation and acted!
They can't be trusted! :D

Looks like you had good bullet performance!

It's easy to forget the difference between poi and bore-sight (forget the technical term) when shooting under 27yds. I do it all the time at the home bait-pile...I mean, bird feeder :lol:

Perferator

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got the Gamma Master with the printer and nylon case. I could not be more pleased with it. It does the job, and haven't had any problems with it so far. As I recall, it all cost me about $160.00 from Midsouth Shooters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts