Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington sure isn't doing any good for the Marlin brand, that's for sure.

I think what they did to the folks at the old plant was incredibly stupid. It's a sign of the times. Anyone who thinks they can take years, decades or even centuries of experience and start over with "fresh" talent is, well, pretty stupid to say the least.

But it's happened and done.

Now, Marlin's been sold in the past; I'm not sure they had the problems like the sale to Remington but I'm guessing they did.

Both my 39A and my 336C have a great meaning to me; both were probably built and QC'd by the likes of Tomray and others here. They are both near perfection and will never be sold. The skill and craftsmanship is clearly evident.

So that comes to today. I still want an 1894 in 44 Magnum. I like to buy my guns new (I'm a sucker that way).

The question is, do I wait until Remington gets it right? Or, do I abandon Marlin as a thing of the past? I am not much of a Henry man, but it's not a bad lever gun.

I think in my mind, I'd rather give Remington a chance and let the legend of Marlin continue.

Your mileage may vary....

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I would look for a used one I could get my hands on first an play with, but since you want new I suppose I'd just wait & see.

·
Super Moderator
15,825 Posts
I'm kind of stuck on the idea too of buying a new one of the 336Y, although I know of 1 good report, that doesn't give me the thumbs up about the two 336Ys' I have seen, one is junk and the other looked pretty decent. Do I dare take a chance and grab the good one if it's still there or take one of my older ones and "make it mine"? I too like the 5 years coverage, but Remington is so screwed up right now.....a snow ball probably has a better chance of making into the house than a new Marlin. Mr fixit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I'm wanting a SBL.

Right now on the local armslist there is a GBL that may be just old enough to be a real marlin. But I really want the SBL, and I think when Buds gets them back in I'm going to chance it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts