Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question to Chipotle corporate:

"Your position on legal concealed carry in your stores is unclear. Please state your position."

Their response:

"On May 20, 2014, at 1:37 PM, Chipotle Support <[email protected]salesforce.com> wrote:

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify the subject line.

xxxx,

Thank you for asking. We have kindly asked our customers not to bring firearms into our restaurants. We know this is a divisive issue, but we know that most firearm-owners are reasonable people and hope they will respect our request.

Sincerely,
James

Customer Service Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill"

·
Registered
633 Posts
Keep your weapon out of sight and your mouth shut and you should be good to go. Just plain common sense.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Depending on local laws if the gun with a slash through it sign is present you can't bring a weapon in. If caught doing so may cause the surrender of your CCL. These ridiculous stores think that a criminal is going to stop his aggression because this damn sign is out? Pure stupidity. Nine times out of ten if a conceal and carry is present and a robbery is attempted the criminal is either caught, shot or runs off. It would be in Chipotle's best interest to just do nothing and allow those good armed citizens to proceed as usual. They are just appeasing the Libtard left.:shot:

Reactions: farmboy

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Well in Texas anyway this corporate memo is not a 30-06 sign or proper notice and you can bet money Chipotle corporate knows it! In most Chipotle restaurants open carry of long guns is forbidden under TABC regs. It's a felony to violate that reg. so their covered. You as a Lawful CHL holder can carry into their restaurants because you know the law.

I guess I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Oh, those jokers in Dallas who open carried long guns into that Chipotle (business that sells alcohol) are now guilty of a felony and they stupidly posted their crime on the internet. Look for them to be going to jail in a few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400623718.431199.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
there are times when you can legally do something, but a prudent individual would avoid doing so for many reasons.
I personally do not like to draw attention to myself ( for some reason I am one of those people that stick out in a crowd without even trying, I believe in walking softly and carrying a big .45)

·
Super Moderator
12,057 Posts
Oh, those jokers in Dallas who open carried long guns into that Chipotle (business that sells alcohol) are now guilty of a felony and they stupidly posted their crime on the internet. Look for them to be going to jail in a few days.

View attachment 104690
Unlicensed - my understanding is that is referring to pistols/concealed.

Reactions: njcioffi

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Unlicensed - my understanding is that is referring to pistols/concealed.
No, it's referring to the unlicensed possession of weapons. It says so on the sign. That would include, concealed as well as openly carried legal and illegal weapons that are in your possession.

·
Super Moderator
6,561 Posts
How is someone with a CHL considered unlicensed?

Reactions: Mikewood

·
Registered
513 Posts
Zuikowarrior, I live in Arlington, too, and love Chipotle. It offends me that they would ask me to stay out of their stores. All I ever did was give them 12 years of business. Because they want me to stay out, I'll stay out. And I'll be damned if I'll leave my Kimber in the truck to go get a burrito, so my $$$ will stay out, too. Fortunately for us, there's a lot of good Tex-Mex out there.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts

View attachment 104690
Those boys would have done more for gun rights and positive gun community mojo by taking out a newbie or two to the farm, showing them how to shoot & blow up shook up soda cans with .22 shorts in a Marlin 39A.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am a Texan, a gun-owning Texas, and a CHL carrying Texan, but I am not an air head or a blow hard. The OC Texas folks did not do us any favors, that's for sure.

I really enjoy Chipotle, but they are weasel wording. Their "please, pretty-please" is as empty as their calories. They really don't want to frisk or profile their customers.

Their's is a half response to keep the liberal nut cases away from their door.

I'll not give them any more money for that reason - they are cowering when they really didn't have to.

Because they put Chipotle and CHL people in a bind, I have no use for the OC gooks.

Beware however! When the media want to push a cause, out comes Brad and Angelina - pretty faces. When the media want to drown a cause, they drown it in ugly. There were probably quite a few sensible OC people at the rally who didn't look stupid. The media didn't need reasonable average people in their anti-gun pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts