Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about this gun? I just got my Chiappa catalog in the mail today, and the first thing I noticed (other than the new M9-22 :) ) was this neat little .22 that looked just like an M1 Carbine. It looks like it's got a lot of plastic on it, and the bolt handle appears to be about an inch to far to the rear, but it might be a neat little gun to have just for fun.

I wasn't able to find it on Chiappa's website or on Davidson's, so maybe it'll be released later this year. According to the catalog, it comes standard with a black plastic stock, but is available on request with OD green or wood stocks. It can also use standard M1 stocks.

Edit: I just looked through the catalog again and it appears that the image of the M1-22 is computer-generated, while everything else are photographs. Maybe we've got a long wait before we begin to see them anywhere...

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
I looked up Chiappa on line
They do have some nice fire arms :D
Check out the distributor list..
Some big names in there
I have never bought from them myself..
Sorry for the lake of input.... :-\

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm not going to get myself all worked up over it.

Chiappa had another great idea not too long ago.

They decided to build a replica of the 1911 pistol, at a cheap price, and dedicated to the .22LR cartridge.

Great idea, huh?

Well, there's a problem. We all have and shoot those pistols, and know what to expect when we hold one in our hand.

The idea of building the pistol at a price reasonable for a .22 does not allow the fit and finish we are used to seeing on our .45s.

The trigger is nothing even remotely similar to what you find on a Kimber or Colt.

Heck, it's not even made of steel. The thing reminded me of the old Marksman BB pistol that looked like a .45. Remember those?

Yeah, I understand that the pistol I would want to shoot could cost a thousand dollars.

And I also understand that NOBODY would buy a thousand dollar replica that only shoots .22.

So, I understand why they made the pistol that they chose to make.

But I don't want one.

I suspect that Chiappa will take the same approach with their .30 Carbine replica.

Sure, some folks will buy them. But I expect a little more from my guns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought their 1911-22 about a month ago. Its a pretty good gun for what it is. Runs flawless with minimags, but it doesn't extract federal bulk. Once I find what cheap bulk ammo it likes to shoot it will be a very fun plinking gun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought one of those Chiappa 1911-22's just last week. It's not a 1911, it's a replica look-alike with a fixed barrel. It's a blowback design. Here's a photo of mine.

So far it's gone bang every time, using CCI Blazer and Win. Dynapoint bulk ammo, 50 rounds of each. No misfeeds, no failures to eject or extract, no light strikes, and pretty darn accurate. So go ahead and badmouth it because it's not a Kimber or a Colt; I'll keep shooting and having fun with mine. :)

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Sounds interesting, not sure of the prices, where are they made?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had my Chiappa 1911-22 for over a year. Over 1000 rounds through it. It's not as accurate as my Ruger Mark II, but I didn't expect it to be. I still like the Chiappa and don't regret buying it. It's a fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Jonah said:
I've had my Chiappa 1911-22 for over a year. Over 1000 rounds through it. It's not as accurate as my Ruger Mark II, but I didn't expect it to be. I still like the Chiappa and don't regret buying it. It's a fun gun to shoot.
Some folks who have gotten a Paco Kelly Accurizer have reported MUCH better results...
basically you mod the ammo to make it fit the gun better :)
http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How'd this thread go from the Chiappa M1-22 to the 1911-22? Seems like some of you guys are as bad as me about keeping to the topic... ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
MarlinXL7 said:
How'd this thread go from the Chiappa M1-22 to the 1911-22? Seems like some of you guys are as bad as me about keeping to the topic... ;D
All it took was one sourpuss to start bagging on Chiappa for producing a gun that didn't meet his "standards" and 1911-22 owners stepped up to defend their guns. Now it's up to you to defend the original purpose of this thread.

So back on topic. If Chiappa can produce a 22 rifle that looks like an M-1 carbine and shoots as reliably as their 1911-22 (oops, there we go again!) and sells for a reasonably economical price, I think they'll have a winner. At least I'm willing to wait till the gun is on the market before I start bad mouthing it. ;D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Or.....You could get a M1 carbine rep stock for a 10/22 you just might have hanging around. About $110.
Add rep sights and a sling and oiler kit, and bingo.

Just say'n

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mrtwistert said:
Or.....You could get a M1 carbine rep stock for a 10/22 you just might have hanging around. About $110.
Add rep sights and a sling and oiler kit, and bingo.

Just say'n
Me don't got no 10/22...however, if you know where I can get an M1 Carbine stock for a 597...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Big Shrek said:
It works as advertised...for the price, it does its job.

The GSG version is a LOT nicer in fit & finish for around $300
What good is a nice finish if it looks like they put the entire manual on the side of the gun?

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IlikeMounties said:
What good is a nice finish if it looks like they put the entire manual on the side of the gun?
;D

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I see Cabela’s hasthese on sale for $299 for a wood stock or $229 for synthetic in their flyer. They only have one in the store.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There's one on display at my local Bass Pro and it looks very nice through the glass counter. Next time I'm in there I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I bought one of those Chiappa 1911-22's just last week. It's not a 1911, it's a replica look-alike with a fixed barrel. It's a blowback design. Here's a photo of mine.

So far it's gone bang every time, using CCI Blazer and Win. Dynapoint bulk ammo, 50 rounds of each. No misfeeds, no failures to eject or extract, no light strikes, and pretty darn accurate. So go ahead and badmouth it because it's not a Kimber or a Colt; I'll keep shooting and having fun with mine. :)
Is there no slide-lock spring pin in that housing? It looks like the slide-lock lever maybe has an internal spring?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts