Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was carring my 336 .35 hog hunting as I had yet to fix the jam in the 94, and was really burdened by the weight after two hours. Still hunting these criters I've come to carry the gun in what I refer to as a snap position where the front of the lever is cradled in my right hand and the butt out and slightly above my shoulder. This way alows me to snap the gun upward quickly.
As this position rests the lever over my heart, I was wondering if there was a method of straping the gun here. I was thinking about a padded clip held by straps, that a button on the side of the reciever coud rest in. Much like the button and clip for a cell phone.. w/o the lock. I see this letting me keep position with the weight off my arms, and quickly move the rifle should I loose my balance, and allow me to take shots w/ the strap on.
Anyone seen somthing like this or have somthing worked out already??
(yes carring the .44 would be easier!)
thanks
cw

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Both of them are neat ..

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just carry it cradled in the hook of my left arm/elbow with my right hand in the lever loop, finger guarding the trigger and thumb on the hammer (or not). VERY fast, relaxed and comfortable for 12 hours with lunch, drink and pee breaks.

When I was an infantryman, we removed the slings and taped the swivels so they wouldn't rattle. :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12hrs stalking or sitting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts