Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lever fans you have to see this, it is truly amazeing. I just found this and needed to share it with you this is some truly exciting stuff. Hornady has brought out some new ammo called leverevolution ammo featuring a soft point spitzer in 30-30, 35rem, 444, 45-70 and 450M. go to www.hornady.com. This is truly awesome.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Leave it to Hornady!! They have been at the lead of new cartridges and continue to come up with stuff, never thought I would see the day. Looks like I might have to buy some factory ammo and give this a try.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Interesting, but did anybody see a warning about not loading it in a tubular mag? I didn't see it anywhere.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Duckbill, it says there on the leveraction page that this ammo is safe to load in tubular mags.

This must be the "fusion" type bullet that is emerging from some high dollar techology. I just finished an article about Federal loading some for these bullets. It's amazing what's going on in the ammo world.

SS

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sidespin said:
Duckbill, it says there on the leveraction page that this ammo is safe to load in tubular mags.
SS, I wonder how they can claim that. Those pointy plastic tips look like they'd detonate a primer in a heartbeat :shock: .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Neat! I'd try some if the price is comparable to regular ole green box Rem @ about $10/box at the Wally World. I suspect it'll be higher though.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Interesting point and I agree but in today's litigious society I don't think Hornady would make the claim if they had not done exhaustive R&D.

If the performance is as claimed it could be some awesome ammo for our levers.

SS

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Some of you may have read the story too fast this part(elastomer Flex TipTM) means its soft and should give instead of puncturing a primer.. at least thats my gathering of it..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Gunjunkie said:
Some of you may have read the story too fast this part(elastomer Flex TipTM) means its soft and should give instead of puncturing a primer.. at least thats my gathering of it..
I must've blown right by that part GJ. Sounds cool 8) .

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
LEVERevolutionTM is the most exciting thing to ever happen to lever gun ammunition. Hornady, the leader in ballistic technology, brings you an innovation in ammunition performance featuring state of the industry elastomer Flex TipTM Technology that is SAFE in your tubular magazine. Its higher ballistic coefficient delivers dramatically flatter trajectories for fantastic downrange energy increases and amazing bullet expansion at all ranges. It truly is an evolution in lever gun ammunition!
From the hornady page. The tip is most likely different from the ballistic tip material. This is a flex tip. If Hornady says it is safe I believe them. They have done enought testing and would not put out a product that would end them up loosing their six in court.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
drice said:
Those look interesting. Looks like a pretty serious improvement in 30-30 ballistics down range.
Personally, I believe they will go "BOOIINNGGG!" and bounce off harmlessly when they hit deer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Where can we get it? Is it for sale yet?

I hope they make these bullets available as a component.

I hope this breathes some new life into levergun sales and interest.

8)

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
If it is soft, it makes me wonder about deformity during it's trip down range due to qyroscopic spin. I'm sure they done the math and it doesn't. Just an idle thought, think I'll wait for a little more press on the subject.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not me. I wanna buy some and take it to the range. Soon.

8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts