Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a text message from one of younger sisters this morning, about unclaimed money the state has for me. Heck it's true! First time in my 64 years I have money to receive! Sadly it's not big dollars but $47 dollars will take Susan and I out to eat some lunch some wheres!

So check your state and good luck! One lucky person in Louisiana had millions in unclaimed property!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
796 Posts
Got a text message from one of younger sisters this morning, about unclaimed money the state has for me. Heck it's true! First time in my 64 years I have money to receive! Sadly it's not big dollars but $47 dollars will take Susan and I out to eat some lunch some wheres!

So check your state and good luck! One lucky person in Louisiana had millions in unclaimed property!

ca'jun56
Before I retried and lived in Ill, I got a similar letter and followed the instructions. That was followed by another letter with more instructions. Finally it had almost gotten to the point of them wanting a copy of birth certificate of great grand parents that arrived on Ellis Island. That's when I said forget it and moved on.
Illinois is a good state to be FROM !!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I got a letter like that from the the state of California. Seems like there was a small insurance policy that timed out and once I sent certain information confirming I was me I got a check for $2,500. Came in handy. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen again.
Paul B.

·
Registered
29,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Younger brother got a check on a cancer policy that termed and it was $4500! I thought he was going to cry for a little bit! As much as I offer him cash he refuses! He will pay off the CC with it!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
No thanks,

With my luck, I would owe them!

DR

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Before I retried and lived in Ill, I got a similar letter and followed the instructions. That was followed by another letter with more instructions. Finally it had almost gotten to the point of them wanting a copy of birth certificate of great grand parents that arrived on Ellis Island. That's when I said forget it and moved on.
It is the state were the past governors make your license plates, the last 4 went to the slam & the one in office is under investigation!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've looked at the state unclaimed property sites a few times but have never found anything for myself. I did find some for a few other family members when I just started plugging in names that I knew. One was a cousin that ended up getting back a few hundred dollars from an old apartment deposit or something along those lines as I recall.

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
That's where my Great Grandparents came in also, as did, I'm sure, MANY of our MO brethren's relatives!

It's a sting! Don't go. When you show up they're gonna slap the cuffs on you.
Somethin' you want to tell us Rob? :biggrin:

·
Registered
29,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless they ship themselves in the mail! Check showed up today!

20191129_200719.jpg .

First thing! First! Road trip to Nu Orleans to drop off this and get paid!

20191129_101137.jpg , 20191129_101147.jpg .

ca'jun56

1 - 19 of 19 Posts