Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found 3 JM Marked Pre Safety 336RC .30-30 Rifles at a Local Pawn Shop.
Get This, All Three Are Priced $300 or Less OTD.
They All Looked to be in Good to Great Condition.
2 Are Marked at $250 & one is $300 w/ Bushnell Scope (Best Condition of the Three).
If Anyone is Interested....Contact them at:
Wildhorse Gun & Pawn
in Waldren, AR
479-637-1555
Only Reason I don't Get One is that I'm Still Lookin' at a 1971 Texan for $299 at the Other Pawn Shop Across Town.
I Don't Work for Either One. Just Figured I'd Pass This On.
UncleSarge58

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
45Nut,
Check My Post in the "Pistol" Section here on M.O. They Also Have a Great Price on 1911"s.
US58

Reactions: erimort

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Indeed! Right on Main St.
By the Way Where You At Lineman.
Evidently We're Neighbors.
PM me We'll Talk.
US58

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Prices depend on where you are looking. Gun Broker has guns from all over and you usually don't see any deals there. Then there is Armslist.com and there can be a deal on occasion but it disappears pretty quick. The best deals I've gotten has been at Estate Sale Auctions, and more recently a regional classified ad in north central PA where jobs are scarce. Those guns are usually in "fair to good" condition and have been hunted. I look at those ads for "shooters". I am not all that interested in collectables at this point in my life, and I have enough 30-30's to last me.

The lowest price I saw on a 336 30-30 was $295 and that was the lowest price I saw in two years. A few others that I saw was a couple of 336 in 35 Remington from $350 to $500 depending on the condition and where it was for sale. Marlin 1895 in big bore 45-70, 444 or 450 Marlinng anywhere from $500 up to $900. Some of the folks that own the 444 and 450 Marlin are asking too much money for a caliber that either has no ammunition available or must be sold to someone that reloads. I talked to a guy a few months ago that wanted $650 for a NIB 450 Marinlin JM. No ammo and I would have had to drive for it. I passed. I will stick with what I have now. No more money for more guns until I find work.

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a marlin1894 ser# 152760 bottom half where can I find other half and what caliber is this ser# I don't have barrel or magazine a gun smith said it is 30-30 is that correct

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Wow!! Sounds like a Marlin honey hole.

·
Premium Member
24,614 Posts
I have a marlin1894 ser# 152760 bottom half where can I find other half and what caliber is this ser# I don't have barrel or magazine a gun smith said it is 30-30 is that correct
Sounds like what you have is a 336Made in 1985. An 1894 would be a pistol cal.
like a 357 or 44 Mag.

If a gunsmith told you the action is a 30/30 he's likely right.
Welcome to the Forum.
If you are looking for a barrel try gunbroker, Numerich, or post
an ad here in the sales section.
Last time I was on Numerich's site they had a few barrels in stock.
Mag tubes are easy to get. Brownell's even has them.

Reactions: GaCop
1 - 8 of 8 Posts