Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just registered my phone.you will probably want to as well.

In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
companies and you will start to receive sales calls. Call this
number from your cell phone 888-382-1222. It is the national Do Not
Call list. It blocks your number for 5 years. Please pass on,

You may want to share. Your private cell phone numbers will be published
and shared w. telemarkets. This Do Not call *800 must be called from the
cell phone u want to put on list

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Thank you..

G

·
Thanks for the tip. Although I don't have a cell phone, all three of my adult offspring do as well as several of my grandkids. I passed along the info for them to get on the list.

·
Registered
729 Posts
delete

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Nightrain52 said:
All the news agencies around here say this is a internet hoax and it's unlawful for telemarketers to call cell phone numbers even with the possibility of listing the cell phone numbers. :shock: :roll:
I called the number, no hoax, you can also register on the internet, they give you the address when you call...Jake.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sand Draw Jake-Thanks for the correction, I was just repeating what several local stations were saying in my area. Guess you really cant believe what you see and hear on TV. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Train,I am crest fallen that you questioned the IIWW.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nightrain52 said:
Sand Draw Jake-Thanks for the correction, I was just repeating what several local stations were saying in my area. Guess you really cant believe what you see and hear on TV. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well look at the war in IRAQ... what tv is saying and promoting , against what the people serving are tell us face to face.. YEP the Media LIES 90% of the time

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oh great and powerful Wizard please except my deepest apoligies for questioning your great wisdom. :D For some unknown reason known only to them our local news stations more or less reported it as a hoax. Sorry for jumping the gun. :wink:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
FWIW Snopes says that while it's not exactly an urban legend, there's no need for you to rush to your phone to register a "do not call" number. See their take on the issue here

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

This is also the same info that's been in our local newspaper for past week or so. :eek:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I prowled around Snopes for 2 hours trying to locate what they had to say. Thanks Nobody39, guess once again I wasn't looking in the right place. Whats contained in this story from Snopes is pretty much what my local news stations were saying. Thanks.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I put it on anyway,,, had the home phone put on last year.. helped some .. not 100%..

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Yeah Larry, we had our landline phone put on the list also. Sometimes I wish I hadn't as there aren't as many chances now to relieve tension/stress by being rude or hanging up on unwanted callers :evil: . If they start getting into my pocket by calling on the cell phone, I won't be that nice :twisted: :lol: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts