Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing inventory on all of my reloading components, I was surprised to know I still had quite a few CCI Bench Rest 2 primers that I always used in my .243, 7mm-08, and .308 bolt rifles. So, I looked up what they are selling for at MidwayUSA and I was surprised to see they are selling for $23/1,000 more than the Win WLR primers I normally use. I still reload for all three bolt calibers but I don't shoot them very often anymore.

Do any of you guys use BR primers in your Marlin rifle loads?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Not being able to find Fed 210Ms, I had to settle for the CCI BR-2s. They've performed well, but I didn't buy a large quantity so it wasn't too painful

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
I use cci br2 primers in all my 35rem and 45-70 reloads. With really good results especially with the 45-70.
Only once did I ever have a miss fire and it was using cci NO.200 primers.
Still have about 700 of those left but have already gone through a box of 1000 of the br2's without a problem.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was sure they would work fine but for about $23 more per thousand, I might do some trading locally with about 4,000 of them. I should easily get $200+ for them toward a trade. Thanks for the replies guys ...

·
Registered
709 Posts
I use whatever is available and try to adjust accordingly...So far so good...

·
Premium Member
11,998 Posts
Those CCI BR primers are highly prized by accuracy minded shooters, match shooters & varmint shooters....

Guy

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly what I was thinking Guy. I just cannot see using BR primers in one if my Marlin reloads when the Winchester WLR works just great.

Like I said, I think I'll keep a thousand and trade the rest locally. I was just curious whether anyone would say they really improved their accuracy in their Marlin loads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts