Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I'm the only one!
They work on sage rats about like the CCI 40 grain HP does. Kills them dead but nothing spectacular. They'd probebly be great on a heavier bodied animal. ~Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gamepoint

Andrew what does the round look like? I"ve never used them,but I would like to try them. Is it a new type round? Sorry about the dumb questions but
because of my wifes illness and death last May I have"nt done any shooting
for the last 3 or 4 years.
Helnik

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No dumb questions here. It's a 40 grain pointed conicle with a bead in the end. I haven't calculated the ballistics or chronographed them but I'm guessing they will do the same 1940 that the CCI "TMJ" is doing. It's a relatively new round. I think a heavier body than a sod rat offers would cause better expansion. ~Andrew

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is basicaly the same round as the Rem psp, after of course CCI started loading for Rem wmr.
It's a decent round, but it does not expand like the Win. 40grhp for example. They are good on small game if you don't want the damage you would get with a typical hp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks

Thank you both for the information,its odd that I had never heard of, or come across this round before.I have literly thousands of rounds of rimfire in storage in my shop,I am always buying it,sales,gun shows,etc.Well now I have another type to aquire,again thank you both for the information.
Helnik

·
Registered
51 Posts
Game point

Had a long reply but this machine ate it,any way I could'nt get the game points,will try Midway!!
Helnik :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Midway

Andrew, Midway has the Game Point 22 but they want $8.99 a box,when you crank in S&H it comes over $9.00 a box. I think thats kind of steep for 22 ammo,what do you think?
Helnik

·
Registered
485 Posts
i think i pay $10 a box for the rem balistic tip so that may not be to bad to see how they shoot, then load up when you get near a place that carries them, havent shot the b.t. enuf to know how my marlin likes them,it really likes cci mike243

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Guys;
CCI is featuring that whole line of Game Point ammo at their website now.
Just click into www.cci-ammunition.com/ then go to the left and click on " whats new "...
starts with .22 LR then .17 HMR, then scrolling to last , the .22 mag.

The FPS is 1875 for the 40gr pill:

Ad says the bullet is built with "copper disc" (probably looks like a

BB).."designed for deep penetration on soft-skinned animals....and doesn't come apart, so it is ideal for coyote."

May be an improvement, but sounds like the 40 gr solid....

·
Registered
137 Posts
From what I'm hearing and reading about this Game Point ammo it just might be good for fox, ****, and close range coyote. Should be easier on the fur. I'm going to get some and see how my 882L likes it. I'll let you know how it shoots.

Range Finder

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
To add to the confusion, at about the same time CCI comes out with their new " Game Point " ammo...they change ALL their packaging to the new, blue labels...
At the CCI website listed above, of the many rimfire rounds they produce, I only see two " game points " listed; one each in .17HMR and .22 Mag..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Riflemen:

Today I finally got a chance to put the new CCI Game Point .22WMR on paper with my Marlin 882L. I was disappointed because my rifle does not shoot them well. At 50 yards my groups opened up to 2.5" and were 2" to the right. I went to 80 yards and the group opened to 3 ' or so.

CCI Maxi- Mags, 40 gr HP's and TCJ's both shoot the best from my rifle and shooting it today under the same i.e. wind quartering head on from the right at 6 - 10 mph, and my groups were consistantly running under .50" at 50 yards and from less than an inch to just over an inch when the wind picked up. Too bad too. I was looking forward to using these new rounds on fur this year to see how it did on humane kills and fur damage.

Good shooting.

Range Finder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts