Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His badge number was 45-70. Just picked up this beauty an 1895gs in a trade it's the first 45-70 I have ever owned. Came with the leather butt cuff from galco and matching sling. It had two boxes of Hornady leverevolution and a half box of some other ammo. It may be for sale or trade here shortly since I collect pistol caliber 1894s but I must admit it is so pretty I may decide to keep it. What value would you put on it with the accessories and the ammo?

·
Super Moderator
17,276 Posts
2002... What Fred Said, Butt Cuff Off When At Home.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Beautiful rifle, I wouldn't part with it, personally. A good JM stainless anything will increase in value and collectivity as time goes by. Sell it, and the regret will follow.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I took the buttcuff off and snapped a few pics. It looked fine. On a side note will the stock fit an 1894? I have an 1894 with a limb saver pad installed that might be more suitable for this 1895 than the 1894 44 mag I bought it on?

·
Banned
69 Posts
Refinish that stock with a rubbed oil finish and man that rifle would SHINE. Good looking rig there buddy.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Keep that bad boy. You will regret getting rid of it, just because she aint a pistol cartridge rifle. There is so many levels you can reload and it will knock the snot out of any thing you hit with it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Well, since they make a pistol in 45-70... I say you keep that little gem.

Doc

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I'm with the KEEP IT crowd! That is one that will be harder to replace should you have sellers remorse later down the road.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It's NOT ported !!!! Which means I will give you fifty bucks but you will have to pay shipping!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Nice looking rifle, congrats! I know I would be keeping it... :biggrin:

For info, sometimes leaving a cuff, slip on pad, etc., could lead to some discoloration of the stock over time. I have a nice older shot gun I bought used that had a "two-toned" stock caused from that; be it from sun exposure, handling, oils, or whatever, there is a distinct line of color difference on the stock. Over the years it is not as evident as it once was, but take a good look and you can still see it.

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Bar 7,

Fine looking rifle, and a great score!

Am with the "keep it" crowd. (no matter how many head of game you have taken, the 45/70 will "surprise you", in how fast it "rolls" them!) LOL

Later, Mark

1 - 20 of 28 Posts