Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my wife fishing at Indian Town creek. I had bought 5 dozen minnows and a box of worms hoping to catch some Crappie and Flye Breams. I fished the usual places with no luck. Finally we went to a little cove where I had great success with white perch and raccoon perch. I told my wife if I had noticed that the wind was south east I would have stayed home. We had gotten a late start too start with because I checked my gas can and found water in it. I had to find a suitable place to dispose of 2 gallons of bad fuel. It started out as a over cast morning and I felt we where going to tear em up. As we where at the white perch hole the wind shifted to the north east and began to blow a little. We were about to leave when I noticed a shift in the tide direction. I told my wife lets stay just a little longer because I had seen this current change there before and the fish started biting. My wife started catching some nice 15 inch channel cats and so 1 hour later we had about 12 fish. The grinals move in and after catching 3 I said its time to go. Toughs things can bust a good bream buster pole. I am not fond of eating cats, but a buddy at work told me he was going to go to the seafood store and buy some. He lucked out. We started fishing the boosteo knees and started catching some good bream but we ran out of worms and they didn't want the minnows. I should of taken some pics because its a beautiful place. It reminds you of Louisiana with all the Spanish moss and cypress knees. This is a neat place to spend a day on the water, plenty of wildlife there from Eagles, suzzie ducks, deer, wild hogs, beaver and just about any critter you can imagine.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thanks for the story, sounds like a great place to fish and just hang out watching the wildlife. Have you ever tried a fly rod for Bream, a 3 weight fly rod, some popping bugs and you can have a blast. Take care, John.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my fishing buddies and I used fly rods all the time as youngster's. We even used them for bobber fishing nothing like a limber pole to increase the feeling of the fight. I've catch a many a bass on a Fred Abergast popping frog. Once I caught a 4 pounder and a 1 and a half pounder at the same time. The water was clear and I layed the bug in the middle of the creek. The big bass came up under the bug and just sucked it down. The bug went right threw its gills and the little guy hammered it.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Got an 8 lb Walleye years ago that had a yellow perch crosswise sticking out of his gills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts