Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one for my 1947 39A and it was not the correct cut-off for my model. Spent time on the phone with the rep but I guess he still didn't get it right else there are more than one for a 1947. Fixed my problem by adjustment anyway.

Be glad to send it to someone with a need for this particular one. I can probably put it in a regular envelope wrapped in a piece of paper. Paperwork reads: F406402; Cartridge CUTOFF 39A/1897. Bin: S0015. Yours for the asking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know that this is an old thread but I'm just now running into this issue with my Golden 39a. I, too, ordered this part from Chas Jones Gun Parts and I received the part you have pictured above. My 1961 model 39-a appears to need one where the hole is closer to the end. Did you ever find a place with the right part or what adjustments did you make that fixed it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hooch.............I think I'm looking for the same part you are looking for. i need a Cartridge Cut Off for a Marlin 39A built in 1966. On the one I need the screw hole is much closer to the end of the piece than the one pictured in this thread. Were you ever able to locate one? I went ahead and ordered one from Charles Jones but I'm pretty sure it will not be the correct one.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Bob

·
Registered
64 Posts
When you receive the new part simply grind or cut off 95% of the excess length then, carefully, with a fine tooth file, or a fine grit polishing stone and maybe some emery paper if necessary, finish the shaping using the old part as a template. That's what I did and the part fits perfectly and functions properly. It's an easy job and you'll be finished in less than 10 minutes. Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When you receive the new part simply grind or cut off 95% of the excess length then, carefully, with a fine tooth file, or a fine grit polishing stone and maybe some emery paper if necessary, finish the shaping using the old part as a template. That's what I did and the part fits perfectly and functions properly. It's an easy job and you'll be finished in less than 10 minutes. Good luck.

Thanks!!! looking forward to getting the replacement piece so I can give it a try.

I appreciate you taking time to respond! :wavey:

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts