Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we go new the forum and new owner of a 336 30/30 . Bought one because of the sheer amount of fun they are . However , unboxed it and the sights are tilted to the right and the magazine tube looks shifted a bit . Now I have to send it back . If they can't fix it they will have to replace it , if they have one in stock . So all the preparation for the upcoming weekend with my buddies is gone . No lever mania for me . Was wondering what to expect and how long a turn around is average . Thanks guys and hope to learn from y'all .

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sorry to hear this, there have been some good Remlin rifles coming out lately. Hopefully they will make it right with you in a short time.

Ron

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
oh my.... oh my:alberteinstein:

Didn't you check it out before you bought it?

I don't want to sound like a peckerwood but NEVER buy a new Remington/Marlin without seeing IN PRESON first.

You might get luckey buying sight unseen but I would never take the chance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you . Here's to hoping they have one in stock or a little upgrade wouldn't be bad lets say stainless !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have always had good experiences via the Internet . That's the one downfall . Didn't notice it when doing the paperwork . Probably cause I felt like a kid .

·
Administrator
27,850 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners.

I reserve purchasing only JM Marlins via online sales, with a 3 day inspection period. Remlins, only in person and I have yet to pull the trigger on purchasing a Remlin.

Sorry to hear your misfortune, however, lately I have been hearing the Remington is much better at fixing things with quick turnarounds. Hopefully, that will be your experience.

Jack

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was lucky enough to have came here to MO before I bought a 336 to replace one I sold years ago. One would assume a NIB rifle would have the proper fit and finish. This is not always the case with Remington made Marlins as I found out reading this forum. There are horror stories of canted barrels, wood to metal fit with gapping voids, the list of complaints is seemingly endless. Either owners of perfect Remlins are not reporting their good fortune or the screwed up ones out number the good ones by a large margin.

I decided to leave Remlins off of my list of desirables. I found a JM Marlin 336 in nearly perfect condition for less money than Remlins are selling for at Wally or Academy.

BTW welcome to MO.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry to hear, I've picked up a few poor examples in shops, kinda makes me wonder why they even bother handing them over to customers in the first place. I'm sure they'll make it right, hopefully they make it right in short order! Welcome to MO!

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's my fault for not noticing . What's the turn around like ? That's my only question . I will be around for some time so any intel would be appreciated . I plan on posting pics once I get her back . Not like you haven't seen a million . I had planned on my dad and I polishing the inside and ignite his passion again . He has the 35 rem and the 30/30 both 70s version . Thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys . Before I posted there were several responses . I looked at used ones but was worried about wear and tear . Looks like I'm one of those guys lol . Somewhat proud owner of a remlin lol . I could have bought one many times but wanted one since I was kid . I own several rifles all semis but wanted this bad to add to my collection . It's simple tough and will punch thru brush . A piece of American history .

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just don't equate a bad Remlin with all those good JM Marlins. Hopefully the Remlins will soon be back on par with what we are all used to. But in the meantime, I'm not deviating from my JMs. Welcome to the forums, my friend. Hopefully they will do a quick turn around for you.

Ron

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Jm marlins are far superior to the firearm I received . The bluing alone compared to my pops is a joke . It's like a railroad tie , creosote soaked and tool marks on the inside . I wonder if I throw them some extra cash will they make it stainless lol hmmm I'm thinking .

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
The Jm marlins are far superior to the firearm I received . The bluing alone compared to my pops is a joke . It's like a railroad tie , creosote soaked and tool marks on the inside . I wonder if I throw them some extra cash will they make it stainless lol hmmm I'm thinking .
I somehow doubt that (Stainless Upgrade) I'd just be hoping they can fix the issues you have CORRECTLY! Remlin is far from having good QC these days! Its SAD how they let things leave the shop! If they offer or you ask for refund, TAKE IT and get a nice gently used JM Marlin and never look back!!! That would be your Best option IMO. Im not tryin to discourage you, but the horror stories I have seen here on MO makes it HARD to EVER want a new Remlin.... They would have to come a LONG way for me to buy one, and I would HAVE TO Inspect/Disect it in person!

Best of luck to you... :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They haven't offered me a refund as of yet . Of course I haven't asked them either . If they did today I would jump on it and begin the hunt for a pre Remington model . I will give them a chance to see what they do . Is the barrel reverse threaded or standard ? Thanks again .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry guys I'm ignorant with alot of this . Just wondering . Can't wait to get trigger suggestions and so on from y'all . Have a wonderful day .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts