Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midway said it shipped today! I ordered a few other pieces along with the scope. I can't wait to get it. 2 months ago I bought a 1980 336 and the action is like butter! (pre-safety). I'll report back after a range session with the scope, but I'm anxious to get all my goodies.

Andy

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm anxious to hear how you like it. The low end 2x range should really be handy for a woods gun, but yet you have 7x when you need it. I am sure the new redfields are good scopes. Good luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just put one of these on my 336. Looks and works great. Only trouble I had was in mounting it as the scope made contact with the weaver base (using weaver rings) and required a slight mod to the base.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
earplay said:
I just put one of these on my 336. Looks and works great. Only trouble I had was in mounting it as the scope made contact with the weaver base (using weaver rings) and required a slight mod to the base.
I'll keep you posted on the clearance. I ordered the redfield 336 base and rings. Order shipped yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good luck on that redfield. I'm going back and forth on a 2-7x28 or 3-9x33 Leupold Ultralight. Can't make up my mind but am leaning towards the 2-7. Ordered the Talley extra-low base & rings already. Just have to make a decision on scope power.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is an exceedingly low res image of my Marlin with Redfield... first hunt today, no luck but scope works a treat. Really happy with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
earplay said:
Here is an exceedingly low res image of my Marlin with Redfield... first hunt today, no luck but scope works a treat. Really happy with it.
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I put one of these Redfield scopes on my 30-30 in November after missing a deer with my Williams Peep sight. Next outing I tagged a 138lb doe at 120 yards. DRT. Love the scope. I shoot the Hornady Leverevolution in my 30-30.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received my goodies. I'll report back later this week with some insight and photos.

·
Registered
821 Posts
heres my beauties. both 1970 model marlins, .35rem and 30-30 both with leupold base and leupold low rings. redfield revolution 2-7x33. absolutely love the scopes.

Reactions: CrunchBerries

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mebe007 said:
heres my beauties. both 1970 model marlins, .35rem and 30-30 both with leupold base and leupold low rings. redfield revolution 2-7x33. absolutely love the scopes.
Very nice! I received mine, but haven't mounted it yet. I'll post a few pix. I'm looking forward to getting out to the range to site it in.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Ange, just ordered the same scope for one of my rifles. I am a real fan of Leupolds. Being that they are now making Redfields figured I'd try one. Let us know how you like it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
My thinking says that the Redfield 2x-7x mounted low on a vintage 336 is the best setup you could take afield ...definantly no better value for the money in both guns and optics..just like they were made specifically just for each other ;D

·
Registered
821 Posts
yep thats one thing i love about them. the low setup just makes the scope look natural on there. very aesthetically pleasing. i also get a very quick sight picture. and IMHO the quality of the glass is excellent. The state to have an excellent lifetime warranty but i cannot vouch for it because i have had simply zero problems.

i also have a 3-9x50 with the accurange recticle on my 25-06

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Since this thread is about the Redfield scope here's mine. My Redfield 2X7X33 scope zeroed in quick. Although I only sighted in at 50 yards I aimed dead center with tack driving results. I have poster the target a few time already but I'll try again.

T 8) NY

·
Registered
183 Posts
CalvinMD said:
My thinking says that the Redfield 2x-7x mounted low on a vintage 336 is the best setup you could take afield ...definantly no better value for the money in both guns and optics..just like they were made specifically just for each other ;D
Would agree with that, seem an ideal combo. Have enjoyed mine so far.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it mounted tonight on the one piece base and low rings. Not a lot of room for adjustment with the base, but luckily, the eye relief is darn near perfect. Seems like the 2-7 is going to be really nice on the 336. Can't wait to get to the range. I'll take plenty of pix. I swapped the barrel band out for one with a sling stud, and decided to leave the front sight off. (for now)

Updates soon!

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I recently mounted one of these Redfield 2x7's on my 30.06. I zeroed it in today, very exact adjustments, very clear, great scope! What a deal!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
preacher said:
I recently mounted one of these Redfield 2x7's on my 30.06. I zeroed it in today, very exact adjustments, very clear, great scope! What a deal!
It really seems like it's quite a deal. The glass is amazing. Late evening in the back yard, it was very nice. Crystal clear!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts