Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been eatin on my two deer I shot last season. haven't made any sausage yet, and I love to make links. I ate the chicken fried venison a couple times, and that is good, no doubt, but I got lazy and just started searing the deer meat, a little salt and pepper and ever since then thats how I've been eating it. I leave it pink on the inside and Im lovin it bigtime.

;D

didn't see or kill any hogs last season. I would dearly love to have a chunk of one in a crock pot right about now. ::)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
You got it down pat, the worst thing you can do to venison is to over-cook it.

Mark.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Had some backstrap with the wife for dinner last evening. We love it very pink in the middle with horseradish. That goes for venison steaks too.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Heavy Metal Guitar Hero said:
been eatin on my two deer I shot last season. haven't made any sausage yet, and I love to make links. I ate the chicken fried venison a couple times, and that is good, no doubt, but I got lazy and just started searing the deer meat, a little salt and pepper and ever since then thats how I've been eating it. I leave it pink on the inside and Im lovin it bigtime.

;D

didn't see or kill any hogs last season. I would dearly love to have a chunk of one in a crock pot right about now. ::)
I usually eat mine the same except for when I break out the portions I had made into cube steaks. Just roll em milk and seasoned flour and fry them in olive oil :p

·
Registered
361 Posts
Best thing to cross these lips was an 18oz elk ribeye I had last year cooked medium rare. man oh man, i may never go back to beef ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts