Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any countrymen know of a supplier for the 300 gr 44 Swift A-Frame bullet?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, emails sent to check stock but it appears no luck so far. I'm going to step up my work on a heavy LBT thumper now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The first link you were given for HBC site and Ominca sports they had a bullet buy a while back and did not show a Swift Aframe bullet, but they did show a Barnes Buster in 300 grn. I was asking on here about the Barnes, but no one had really used them I thought they would be a great bullet as I swear by the Barnes x and tsx in my other calibers

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barnes Busters appeal to me as well. I'll check it out, thanks.

Edit: In Alberta I think a Barnes Buster would not be legal for hunting. This is not an issue for me as I want to carry a few thumpers while shooting lead plinkers in my 444 in bear country. Alberta requires a bullet be expanding and not full patched.

It would be unlikely that a game warden would notice but some of them are college trained and don't hunt themselves. Sad that the highly effective FN large meplat design pioneered by the lead guys like LBT would not qualify. Of course it is much sadder if some clown starts wounding moose with FMJ military ammo!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barnes Busters out of stock as well.

Enough, hard cast from now on. Ordered a Mihec 432640 HP/GC mold that drops 270 gr solid and 250gr HP. My goal is to get this shooting well to at least 2000 fps.

When money allows I'll get a LBT 300 grainer custon cut for my chamber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts