1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Reactions: .DIRTY-.THIRTY

·
Super Moderator
39,805 Posts
Manual can openers! This one been around since the early 80's!
Wood Bumper Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Shotgun

Just like the toaster behind it. Long time also!
Bag Wood Bumper Gas Audio equipment

Susan can't handle my can opener at all! Plus she claims I use it the wrong way! I lay the can opener on top and it cuts off the top leaving no sharp edges!

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P 38 always works.

Padraig
believe it or not I’ve never held or even saw a p38 opener. I will try get some of them though. Anybody have best deal quality place to get them from?

I also have several Victorinox sak’s with a good usable can opener in addition to a toothpick for after the meal 😁

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
believe it or not I’ve never held or even saw a p38 opener. I will try get some of them though. Anybody have best deal quality place to get them from?

I also have several Victorinox sak’s with a good usable can opener in addition to a toothpick for after the meal 😁
C Rats

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Here's my old P38 still hanging on my dog tags with my old wedding ring which now hang in my bedroom. Simply an amazing and amazingly simple tool. Gosh knows how many cans I opened with it.

Body jewelry Gesture Finger Creative arts Nail

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
And, I had to check and see if we had the exact same can opener from the OP. A very close model that I have found to be unbelievably good.

Composite material Metal Tool Titanium Steel

Reactions: rwt1405 and jog

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a few of these back about 3 years ago for 87 cents each at Wal mart but they no longer carry them. I found they were only good for maybe 150 openings. If you go look now they do not even offer this now. I think their cheapest which is junk starts around 3 something. I also tried that $6 Farberware one and it didn’t make it through the first can. It busted apart inside… junk!
Finger Wood Thumb Pliers Eyewear

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think this is the best can opener. It is now obsolete and there is a new model. I can't vouch for the new one but this model, #2758 works great. Smooth edges, the lid can't fall into the can, no paper shredding and easy to operate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts