Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own an 881 when I was teenager, absolutley loved this little rifle but thought it would be cooler to own a semi-auto, so I sold the 881 and bought a 60.

20 years later I am absolutley regretting that decision, I now have 2 daughters and I would like them to learn to shoot with a bolt and not a semi so I have been looking everywhere for an 881 without ANY luck at all.

I own an 883 and the 881 would look so nice next to it as they are basically the same gun just chambered differently, these guns have a beautiful stock!

I also would like the 881 because it is tube fed and this means that there is no mag to loose as the little ones are walking around with dad.

I have my heart set on finding an 881 and would sure hope someone might point me in the right direction.. thanks guys.

PS.. Awesome sight here, been doing alot reading!

·
Super Moderator
8,035 Posts
Welcome from the swamps of Va. not familiar with the 881 but I bought an Ithaca 49 for the kids last january. it is a single shot trap door rifle, very cool.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
881 was only made for about a decade. Broaden your search to include 781 or 81 and you will improve your chances. Pretty much the same rifle with the safety reversed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P-bass, Ive also looked for a 781, very very hard to come by.. the 81 doesn't have that nice checkered stock.. Im gonna keep looking bud.. thanks though!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts