Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good catch on the 16" limit. I like the user serviceable feature of the Cosmic - a necessity for shooting cast projectiles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone here have a can on a 45/70 if so what can are you using? Thanks
Silenerco hybrid on a 1895G with a 405gr hard cast at 936FPS is a joy for kids to shoot and sounds like a pellet gun. Hornady 300gr JHP at 1956FPS is "hearing safe" but i still wear plugs. I know cans on lever guns do not look right and are not conventional. but i am a believer. they work which makes it more fun. in sort and in my opinion if you don't have a JM stamped barrel...... thread it. friends don't let friends shoot unsuppressed.

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Silenerco hybrid on a 1895G with a 405gr hard cast at 936FPS is a joy for kids to shoot and sounds like a pellet gun. Hornady 300gr JHP at 1956FPS is "hearing safe" but i still wear plugs. I know cans on lever guns do not look right and are not conventional. but i am a believer. they work which makes it more fun. in sort and in my opinion if you don't have a JM stamped barrel...... thread it. friends don't let friends shoot unsuppressed.
Care to share your load data for those numbers?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a 1895 in 45-70 16 inches and converted to takedown. I use 405 up to 520 cast and trailboss. Very enjoyable. I have a video but don’t know how to post it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts