Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Yes you can use a 458 sitcom can. There are several of them. But man they are pricey. That's when I abandoned the idea.

Reactions: Darkker

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I like the sound of that idea. Sorry, just could not leave it alone. Really though hope you keep us up to date on that project.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a Silencerco Hybrid in jail right now, it should be out in the next month or so and it will be going on my 1895.

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
This is an old thread but I also have a SiCo Hybrid. I recently bought one of the $299 Marlin 1895s and am thinking of converting it to a SBR for use with the can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would love to hear more about the SBR 1895. The folks at Liberty Suppressors said their Cosmic would work with 45/70. It seems like suppressor volume, as in how much gas it will contain, would be a big determining factor as to how good/quiet the suppressor sounds. Just because the bullet will fit and the can is strong enough doesn't mean it will be able to suppress the sound well. It'd be fun playing with it though!

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I'm building a 45/70 form 1 can right now. All titanium. 9" long.
I remember reading the ATF stuff about that.
You need to submit your drawings to them and have approval before you make even one little tiny part for it.
I believe the fine was a max of $200,000 and ten years in the federal pen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I remember reading the ATF stuff about that.
You need to submit your drawings to them and have approval before you make even one little tiny part for it.
I believe the fine was a max of $200,000 and ten years in the federal pen.
I have more than on Form 1 cans.

You don't need to submit drawings. You do need to submit the Form 1 and get it approved before you start assembling. In regards to "make even one little tiny part" I had the tube before I had an approved Form 1, but I didn't have any of my baffles made or the tube engraved before I had an approved Form 1.

A Form 1 can is actually pretty fun to make and will cost a bit less than a factory suppressor.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Why? I know, your hunting partner won't know you shot until you call on your phone to come help you retrieve in/on your atv. A JM Marlin with a can on it is ......

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
I would love to hear more about the SBR 1895. The folks at Liberty Suppressors said their Cosmic would work with 45/70. It seems like suppressor volume, as in how much gas it will contain, would be a big determining factor as to how good/quiet the suppressor sounds. Just because the bullet will fit and the can is strong enough doesn't mean it will be able to suppress the sound well. It'd be fun playing with it though!
I forgot the Hybrid is only rated down to 16" barrels in 45-70 and/or .458 SOCOM. As such I won't be converting the new gun to a SBR so will probably thread my 1895GS instead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts