Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the 32 Mag is available yet? I've heard rumers and Marlin even has the thing listed on their site, but have as yet to see one. Is this real or Memorex????

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've had money tied up with my dealer for 15 months now waiting for one. I've got a pile of currently useless brass, bullets, and a die set sitting around.

I have seen one at another dealer some distance away which was already sold but looked great. This same dealer had one other come in which he had to send back to Marlin because it was ejecting live rounds out of the ejection port when operating the action rather than feeding it into the chamber.

I also read on one of the Cowboy Action forums that a few had been seen with the same problem mentioned. Seems that the rifle won't cycle short light bullets like the 85 and 90 grainers. The writer in that post said that only long 32-20 bullets in the 115 grain weight range would cycle sometimes.

It seems that a few have been released but that there seems to be a technical problem with them. I'm about to cancel my order. I'm losing interest and want the money for a Remington I'm looking at.

Anyone heard anything else?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok...I know I will probably get banned from this here fine forum for writing this but....Taurus is coming out with a lever action in the .32 mag that I believe is called the model 32. I love my little Taurus 62 .22 and the fit and finish is really first class. Bet their .32 will be nice also. I am now diving for cover to avoid the rocks that will probably be thrown! :p

·
Registered
455 Posts
smousefam5 said:
Ok...I know I will probably get banned from this here fine forum for writing this but....Taurus is coming out with a lever action in the .32 mag that I believe is called the model 32. I love my little Taurus 62 .22 and the fit and finish is really first class. Bet their .32 will be nice also. I am now diving for cover to avoid the rocks that will probably be thrown! :p
My original 62A, in 99% condition, will not let the word Taurus, be mentioned around her ...

I think it has to do with, "Something found in the wood pile." Or something like that ...

Bill

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just checked out the Taurus site. Lists the 32 as available in the fourth quarter of the year.

It lists them as being made in blue and stainless versions for about half the cost of the Marlin. I'd hate to jump ship and go to Taurus but the Taurus .22 pump I got as a christmas present when I was younger shoots darn good and hasn't failed me yet.

I'd be tempted to try the Taurus if Marlin doesn't come through with theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts