Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading your forum for a while now absorbing info on what 30-30 to purchase, 'thank you guys" the reading has been great. I just finally bought a Mod 30AW at the local gun show it came without the rear sight due to whom ever mounted the scope mount used one almost 2" to long and had to remove the rear sight. I need to replace the rear sight but don't know what will match the front one on the rifle as I don't think it is the original. As best I can measure it is 7/16th high measured from the top of the barrel to the top of the sight. I would like to find a rear to go with it as with my failing eyes I can see it quite well. I'm going to try an attach some pics and if anyone has any info about the rifle they would like to share I will be very thankful. It is stamped Marlin Mod 30AW serial number 03074973 Any recommendations will be helpful.
Thanks,
KeckWerkes

PDR_0334.JPG PDR_0342.JPG View attachment 52339 PDR_0337.JPG PDR_0336.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Contacts on your purchase! That is a great looking rifle! Very nice wood! I would say either MidwayUSA, Brownells, or Numrichs should carry the part. Best of luck with it and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I didn't think to look at XS sights. Sure enough checked it out and your right that is exactly what it is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have a glenfield 30a and just put new sights on it . i went with marbles bulleye rear sight (they also have buckhorn& semi buckhorn) for the front sight i went with marbles gold bead 3/32 .570 hight .531 width. thats the tallest they had ,anything smaller did not work i was shooting high at 50 yards. was going to put a reciver peep which is higher meaning i need a higher front sight . mind you your front sight is on the barrel not on a ramp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Does anyone think a standard factory adjustable rear sight will work with the XS front? I just didn't care for the gost ring sight. My eyes just don't work with it. My worry is the front sight my be to tall.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed a Lyman Mod 66 on a Marlin 30AS. The Lyman customer service people were great. When I called them they recommended the size/height of front bead to work with their rear sight. I suggest you give them a call, tell them your current front sight dimensions and I bet they can reverse engineer to determine if their rear unit will work with your front sight or if you need an alternative front too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts