Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a trip formulating in my mind. First week of next month. Being droped off in Roscommon County MI. for 5-7 days. I will have no vehicle so just what I bring along. The spot I am considering while accesable with a car if you don't mind it being scratched up by the jack pine branches overhanging the two track. Sees little to no activity except during deer season so I most likely will see no one else. Not that I would mind an occasional run in with people but the general Idea is sort of an isolation thing. Can't run into town to pick up anything. Just me and the woods. I'm sorta kicked back already.

Larry

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Take the DEET!

You gonna be east of Hwy 18?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes the Deet will be in abundant supply. Will use this trip to evaluate the story going round about Bounce as an insect repellent also.

My late wife and myself always camped in this area along with the rug-rats once they came along. This trip will be sort of a tribute to her.

One thing I can't wait for is blueberry pancakes. The woods are covered with blueberries at the time in question. :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More important than the Deet will be my Bible. I find that being alone in the woods is one of if not the best places to study scripture. It is there you can best stand in awe of his creation.

Lary

G

·
LARRY. I envy you my friend, I really enjoy camping out. I was hoping for a report on the bounce, great if they work.
Just out of high school many years ago I attended church where a former schoolmate was preaching. John and I were old friends, hunting, fishing, camping, and just plain old shooting. After church he and I were discussing going squirrel hunting that afternoon. A little ol feller came over and told John that it was a sin to hunt on the Sabbath. John just smiled at him and said, Mr Smith, when I'm in the woods I'm closer to God than you've been in many many years. Have fun my friend, and be careful. Be sure to take a good gun or 2. I'm looking forward to the report on bounce. POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Larry....Your a man with my heart. The last few years I have been back woods camping with a couple of chosen friends, but for the most part I enjoy the solo trips the best. Although I have Faith I don't frequent any Church as much as I should. My Temple is the Mountains and I believe that it brings me closer to God then anything else. I just hope he agrees :?

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Hope all goes well and you have good stories to tell..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts