Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has any personal experience with this guy. His site is triggerwork.net, and he advertises a trigger job for Camp carbines as follows: "Hard pull reduced up to up to 30% and creep reduced to a very short clean brake. Only the trigger assembly is needed. $65"

That would be a good deal if it works as advertised. Anyone know of this guy and his work, hopefully through personal experience?

e

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Never heard of him or his services, fortunately my camp 9 has a decent trigger that I'm happy with. If you decide to follow through with it let us know how it works.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good reputation...

I have no personal experience, but had a Beretta Neos that I wished had a better trigger. In the course of researching options, I read several threads and posts mentioning Bill's name and his work on Neos: It's not an easy trigger, and his work improving the those triggers apparently has pleased several customers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked the guy up and ended up talking with him by phone. Seems like a nice guy. I was about to send the trigger group to him and thought I would check the web for reviews. They seemed a bit mixed - some positive and some negative.
Then I looked up a video on how to disassemble and reassemble a Camp 9 trigger group. It sure doesn't look easy. Plus it doesn't appear you can buy a complete trigger group anywhere like Numrich. So if something went wrong, I'd have to rebuild the TG part by part.
My trigger pull is about 7 1/2 pounds. I'm fairly accurate with the gun out to 50 yards (breaking clay birds on the berm.) And I'm not going to use this in benchrest competition.
I think I am going to leave it stock for now. I get a bit nervous when I hear mixed reviews about someone's trigger jobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.