Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all "Hello"! I am a new member with a problem that I hope someone can answer please! I have a camp 9. I have replaced the hammer strut spring, hammer strut, hammer strut bridge, and recoil buffer. Have also replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 16 lb spring. No problem putting it back together. Upon firing it , I was able to get 4 rounds through before it would not fire again. I looked and saw that a new round had chambered so there was no cycling problem. Pulled the trigger and it would go all the way back. Noticed that the hammer was back and cocked but the trigger would not release the hammer to fire the gun. I unloaded the clip and the round that was previously chambered. After the gun was cleared, I pulled back on the bolt while holding the trigger back. As I let the bolt go forward while still holding the trigger back (in the firing position) the hammer fell. I can now cock the gun making the hammer go back but the trigger will not release the hammer. Will only let the hammer fall when I hold the trigger back and pull the bolt back and let it go forward. Any ideas? Sear problem? Help please!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts