Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I came across a 2000 model year used Camp Nine at my local LGS. The gun is in excellent condition and everything functioned like it should upon inspection.
Now, I have never had a want for one of these, but for $500 I am sorta sitting on the fence. Ilready own enough rifles that I barely shoot and I am not a collector that needs every caliber and model of a particular maker.
So, is this rifle something that is so fun to shoot, I wouldn't want to put it down?
Andrew

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you want it as a collector item, then go ahead.

For a shooter, I would go with the new Ruger. Parts will be a lot easier to get.
Almost all of the parts are for sale at Numrich....or I can get on Ebay.
I took my Camp 9 out yesterday ,put 300 rounds down range at the steel gong target. Everyone at the gun club was surprised that I could hit the gong at 100 yards with iron sights and a 161/2 inch barell. No problem! I said. alternating between 50 & 100 yard targets all day. Love the 9MM.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Lots of new pistol caliber carbines out there now. Big surge in competitions geared for them. Some of the new carbines are Very good and dependable with easily available 20 and 30+ round magazines...

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I have been looking at Camp 9 but never pulled the trigger on one. People wanted too much for a mediocre gun. I may go the Ruger PC9 route. I have my 44-40 now so I may not even want to go with a 9mm rifle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have been looking at Camp 9 but never pulled the trigger on one. People wanted too much for a mediocre gun. I may go the Ruger PC9 route. I have my 44-40 now so I may not even want to go with a 9mm rifle.
Agree! The Ruger PCC seems to be well made, an excellent value and 9mm is affordable & super fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
I have the hi pointe carbine and like it a lot - its a fun gun and a pretty good home defense or camp gun....the hi pointe is way cheaper....not pretty but its a hoot and a half

·
Premium Member
6,798 Posts
The Camp 9 is a lot fun and looks like a 22LR. That said, They offer no advantage over the Ruger PC9. I have one and $500 does sound like a good price based on your description. The only advantage I see is that it is a "wolf in sheep's clothing".

T.S.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts