Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I new to this site and hopefully somebody here can help me out. I got a camp 9 that needs some work, but when i try to disassemble it, the bolt assembly wont come out. It seems like the extractor/ejector is stuck out like its indicating that there is a round chambered preventing the bolt from sliding out. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry if I didnt use the correct terms, Im fairly new to this. 2012-03-24_23-46-59_948.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
YES, it does look like there is a round in the chamber! It also appears that the hammer is down already which will make it a bit harder to retract the bolt.YOU ARE IN THE UNKNOWN DANGER ZONE! KEEP the rifle pointed in a safe direction! REMOVE the magazine if it is installed. The safety is OFF in the picture (thank God for the magazine disconnect). STAY AWAY from the trigger and push the safety on(rearward)so that it can be seen in front of the trigger. While holding the barrel FIRMLY in a SAFE direction, pull sharply back on the bolt handle. If it moves rearward, check to make sure the chamber is empty. If you can't budge it, you might try using a LARGE flat-bladed screwdriver. Wrap the screwdriver blade in a piece of heavy paper to protect the finish, stick the screwdriver blade into the front gap between the bolt handle and the receiver and twist the screwdriver firmly. That should get the bolt to move. BE CAREFUL!

First things FIRST! Make sure the gun is SAFE!

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Insert a cleaning rod down the barrel to check for a live round. If there isn't a live row in the barrel, just the case. Get a wood dowel rod long enough to go all the way down barrel. Hit the wooded dowel with a hammer while pulling back the slide release.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for the feedback. I checked to see if the was a live round or something in the barrel just in case i missed something. Unfortunately, there was nothing there. Its almost as if the indicator is stuck in place, and with it in the out position i cant seem to get the bolt assembly out to try and fix it.

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think it is GOOD that the rifle is not loaded .... However I would treat the rifle is loaded until you can see into the chamber to be sure and safe!!!!!!!

That being said have you removed the trigger guard from the reciever yet? If not - FIRST - place the safety ON (push rearward toward the trigger) and ensure the muzzle is in a safe direction (just in case). Find the "Action Assembly Pin's (# 1 and 2 on the parts diagram at the top of the picture). A small punch or smoothed (not pointy) nail will work. One end of the pin is wider than the other. Push on the smaller end toward the wider end. The pin is like a flat head nail with a wide end on one side. When you get the Trigger Guard out of the Reciever then let us know what you see.

Reciever parts from marlin manual.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having EXACTLY the same issue. I KNOW there is nothing in the pipe and can clearly see. I can move the bolt but can not get it out due to the extractor sticking out slightly. Help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took me a little while but figured out the problem. Appears to have been a small burr on "loaded" indicator. I GENTLY tapped down the the indicator until it was fully retracted inside the bolt. Once it went fully inside the bolt, the bolt easily came out. At that point I took a small pick and pulled the indicator all the way forward and worked on it with a small de-burr and wire bit in my dremel tool. All it took was a hair of smoothing and it moves in and out nice and smooth. Although I would have preferred to remove it and work on it, the pin holding it appear to be non-removable. In any case, I destroyed one punch with no success in getting it to move. Hope this helps the next guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts