1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
133 Posts
Boyds' Semi-inlet parts have been completely shaped and 95% machine inlet. Stocks are rough sanded and are shipped with a BOYDS' butt plate.
(SEMI-INLET) stocks do require some knowledge of firearms and woodworking for installation.
The camp 9/45 stock we offer will work with with either model. Stocks will require final fitting sanding and finish. Stocks do not come with the 2 brass escutcheons found on original stock.
Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boyds' Semi-inlet parts have been completely shaped and 95% machine inlet. Stocks are rough sanded and are shipped with a BOYDS' butt plate.
(SEMI-INLET) stocks do require some knowledge of firearms and woodworking for installation.

The camp 9/45 stock we offer will work with with either model. Stocks will require final fitting sanding and finish. Stocks do not come with the 2 brass escutcheons found on original stock.
Hope this helps:)

Yep, that helps :)

Any idea if one of those will fit a 922M?? (Camp 922Magnum)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that helps :)

Any idea if one of those will fit a 922M?? (Camp 922Magnum)
Ah, found the answer to my question on RFC...looks like they fit with a minor amount of modification!! :)

Mag release is on the Other side, so ya haveta file a bit off to make room...not hard at all to do :D
The other thing is a little work to the trigger-guard area to make it fit perfectly...also not hard to do!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I donated the original pattern stock to Boyds with Jolleys help a while back. I fitted them to both a Camp 9 (pepper) and a 45 (nutmeg). From my experience the action bushing holes need to be opened up to avoid cracking the stock when pressing them in. For both guns the barrel slot in the stock had to be opened up to allow the same type of fit the factory stocks give - a dollar bill passes between the barrel and the stock for the entire length the barrel sits in the stock. If you don't do this the barrel will contact the stock and change the POA as it heats up. You will also need to relieve some wood for the receiver to fit into the stock. I finished both with five coats of Tru Oil after sanding them smooth with progressively coarser sandpaper 220 to 400 then 000 steel wool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was nice that Boyd's finally got time and interest to actually make the Camp stocks. The stocks have been hard to find for some time as so many people cracked them with the weak recoil springs and bad buffers. I got lucky and find a almost new checked one a couple of years ago. Since then I have two stocks...never could decide if I wanted to sell one of them. Maybe someday.... Now that I know I can get a Boyd's to play with I don't really need to keep the second stock for security and back-up.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was nice that Boyd's finally got time and interest to actually make the Camp stocks. The stocks have been hard to find for some time as so many people cracked them with the weak recoil springs and bad buffers. I got lucky and find a almost new checked one a couple of years ago. Since then I have two stocks...never could decide if I wanted to sell one of them. Maybe someday.... Now that I know I can get a Boyd's to play with I don't really need to keep the second stock for security and back-up.
For about a decade the only option was the Camp9/45 stock from Bullpupstocks.com...which is a Muzzlelite Bullpup...
Pretty nifty lookin little rascal :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since you mention Muzzelite, I am posting a pic of my HIGHLY modified example of that stock I am about to start listing for sale (can't list it here as I'm an FNG). The stock as it comes from Muzzelite has a great drawback concerning the supplied trigger bar. Being made of the same composite as the stock it is flexible and creates a VERY unpleasant feel and is not consistent. The next issue is the factory sights that are not anchored to the action with all the negative accuracy issues that entails. Otherwise, it is a great concept for a compact reliable carbine that is still NFA legal. My example has an excellent trigger pull feel (even before I did a trigger job that got the pull weight down to a safe 3 lbs) due to the aluminum billet trigger bar with an actual roller bearing that contacts the Camp 9's trigger. The EGW rail extusion mounts to the factory tapped holes and uses the front sight rear mount screw to keep the front mount from slipping. Accuracy is consistent at all times.

I have time on my hands and have since built a billet chassis for my Camp 9 and intend to also build a billet Bullpup using a design I have rolling around my head. That is why the Muzzelite needs a new home. I would like to eventualy find a Model 45 for the Bullpup. I assume from this thread that the Camp 9 and the Mod 45 actions are identical dimensionally, PLEASE correct me if they are not.

M Butt Plate Swivel.jpg M Cross Mts.jpg M Roller Brg.jpg M Trigger Bar.jpg Overall.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, I have the Black Jack Buffer installed. The only thing I noted was that neither of the 2 I bought seemed to have the round "Nub" fitting firmly into the recess in the rear of the reciever. I used some 3M Black Weather Strip Adhesive to secure the buffer in place. I have not replaced the recoil spring yet, as I've only been using 124 gr FMJ standard re-loads.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since you mention Muzzelite, I am posting a pic of my HIGHLY modified example of that stock I am about to start listing for sale (can't list it here as I'm an FNG). The stock as it comes from Muzzelite has a great drawback concerning the supplied trigger bar. Being made of the same composite as the stock it is flexible and creates a VERY unpleasant feel and is not consistent. The next issue is the factory sights that are not anchored to the action with all the negative accuracy issues that entails. Otherwise, it is a great concept for a compact reliable carbine that is still NFA legal. My example has an excellent trigger pull feel (even before I did a trigger job that got the pull weight down to a safe 3 lbs) due to the aluminum billet trigger bar with an actual roller bearing that contacts the Camp 9's trigger. The EGW rail extusion mounts to the factory tapped holes and uses the front sight rear mount screw to keep the front mount from slipping. Accuracy is consistent at all times.

I have time on my hands and have since built a billet chassis for my Camp 9 and intend to also build a billet Bullpup using a design I have rolling around my head. That is why the Muzzelite needs a new home. I would like to eventualy find a Model 45 for the Bullpup. I assume from this thread that the Camp 9 and the Mod 45 actions are identical dimensionally, PLEASE correct me if they are not.

View attachment 32051 View attachment 32052 View attachment 32053 View attachment 32054 View attachment 32055
Been awhile since I could get online regularly...how has this project been progressing??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been awhile since I could get online regularly...how has this project been progressing??
I don't get to this site much lately either. I just ordered the aluminum for the billet Bull-pup project today. I have made a few pleas for assistance regarding dimensional differences between the Camp 9 vs the 45 version. I was hoping that a veteran poster here who owned both could shed some light on subtle differences between the two versions. I'm most in need of variations in the factory contouring of the trigger housing , as the width of the mags is obviously different. Otherwise, I was going to proceed assuming that if I made it to fit the Camp 9, the 45 Model would be slimmer in the mag well area of the trigger housing, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me here! PS; the Muzzelite project is unsold and not needed.
Joe

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice piece of work, a hot loaded +P 124gr HP comes out of that 16" barrel w/a 'crack'
check you have a 16# spring and updated recoil buffer
You're right about that! The Aimpoint Comp2 co-witnesses with the MBUS perfectly (the MBUS are strictly back-ups). Don't know if the AK74 brake makes a notable difference or not. This thing holds POI vs POA like a dream, even out to longer ranges with mag dumps. Even people who seldom shoot are thrilled to make things dance with this. Have yet to have a FTF or FTE. Did my own trigger job, changed sear angle to Neutral vs factory Positive angle, and shortened the "shelf" to eliminate creep. Trigger now breaks like a GREAT trigger should. I DID make a new front piece for the rail, that is stepped and fit closer to the barrel for a sleeker look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings all. I'm new to this site, although I've lurked (and learned) for a few years. The pics that follow are of my Boyd's Camp 9 project. I'm planning a write-up with additional pics when my day job allows. I heard about the Boyd's stock on this board, from the gentleman who approached Boyd's about it (I'll give proper credit and thanks when I post my write-up) I have several tips/tricks/advise for anyone considering this project. One thing I will say; it's taken my Camp 9 from the back corner of my safe to the front row! I'm working on my 2nd one now. Going to look even better. Would love to see other people's Camp projects.More to follow and best regards to all.
Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts