Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my LGS. I walked in 10 minutes before closing hoping to find some 300 Savage ammo. They were putting all the guns away and I told myself get the ammo and don’t even look at the pre-enjoyed section. Having no will power whatsoever, I looked over to see a Marlin 925M sitting on the shelf. Before I could say anything it was laying on the counter in front of me. They had just taken it in on trade a couple hours earlier and it was in fantastic shape except for a couple safe dings on the stock. The price was marked at $130 and I didn’t even think about it for more than a second or two before I told them to set aside and I would pick it up early next week. This will make my 4th 22mag, one that I didn't even need at all, but I couldn’t pass it up. I’ll post some pics when I pick it up. Not even sure what year it is, but it is JM stamped. My addiction continues, I blame all of you.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I like my 925M even more after I replaced the plain orange tint birch with a 782 walnut takeoff. A great hunter with 45 and 50 grainers.

Reactions: 10acres

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Not trying to hijack this but I got to hold a Kel-tec PMR 30 today it is nice, Momma even liked it. It is next on the list...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice find and great price. Looking forward to the pictures. I to have contracted the disease, having acquired 5 Marlin/Glenfield rifles in the past few months.
I must avoid LGS, pawnshops, gunbroker, arms list etc for awhile or my better half will shoot me with one of said recent acquisitions. :embarassed:

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find and great price. Looking forward to the pictures. I to have contracted the disease, having acquired 5 Marlin/Glenfield rifles in the past few months.
I must avoid LGS, pawnshops, gunbroker, arms list etc for awhile or my better half will shoot me with one of said recent acquisitions. :embarassed:
Don’t ask, don’t tell. She don’t ask and I don’t tell.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice,

You have a lot better luck at the LGS's around here than I do.
Thanks. I’ve ran into some good ones lately. Next on my list is a 32 Winchester Special. I let one get away a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Reactions: mrguvna

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice grab, I also have the same affliction. Can't seem to pass up those 22 mags. I have stopped going to lgs, well for at least this week.
View attachment 722662
Nice collection, I missed out on a Marlin 1894M several months ago, I didn’t even realize they had made them.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice,

You have a lot better luck at the LGS's around here than I do.
I passed on a very nice 1981 Glenfield 30-30 the other day at a pawn shop I frequent. I just couldn’t pull the trigger, plus my rathole money is out.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well here are the pics of my barely fired 2006 Marlin 925M.
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Air gun
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger
Revolver Shotgun Metal Air gun
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Cutting board

My buddies at my LGS said a guy who looked at it right before I did on Saturday and decided to wait, came back right as they opened to get it. Oh, he was too late. I almost felt bad for him, you snooze you lose. $130 OTD. Couple of dings in the stock, but not really worried about them. Next will be the Vortex scope.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Great price to be in that condition. Your wood is AAA Fancy compared to the very plain birch on mine and the reason I went to the 782 wood. I also bought a 4 rnd mag to be more flush with the bottom. Now to find an 882 laminate takeoff for my 25MN.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: drinva

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Wow, that's a helluva nice rifle for $130! I'da bought it too, without even blinking.

Reactions: drinva
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.