Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a long shot but....

I am in search of a specific rifle. Please check your serial #'s. If your serial# matches 040441$$ with the exception of the 2 $'s please let me know. If your last 2 numbers match the one I'm looking for I'd like to purchase it from you.

C.S.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry CS, Im not even gonna look 'cause I'm not selling mine.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
There's got to be a story behind that request, care to share ??

·
Registered
137 Posts
As soon as I pick up my new older 1894 Saturday I'll check. It's a really cherry gun.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'd sell mine cause there is this stainless/ laminate SET I'd like to buy, but you wouldn't like the price. But mine don't match so I can't help ya either. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not anywhere close to that number - it's a 1978 model and nearly pristine and I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot it yet. Good luck on the quest.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
So am I to understand that ANY 1894 regardless of caliber is what you are looking for so long as it is in this serial nuimber range?

PS: ANY GUN I OWN IS FOR SALE if the price is right. I love my guns but I am not that attached to any one of them.

GB45

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
None of my 1894 numbers are even close.
And I will not sell them. :mad:
Took a long time to get what I have ,and I want to keep them. ;D
Why are you looking for that number????

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
CS and I have discovered that our 94s have an ALPHA suffix. This, according to Tomray, was a mistake by the factory as the stencil machine did not properly advance and 2 units were found with the same serial number. It would be a novel item to have both S/Ns.

Papalote

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for answering for me Papalote,

Been kinda crazy 'round here lately. I'm finally workin' steady again, my better half is in transition from one job to another working both at the same time and we're juggling a 10 year old and 1 year old trying desperately to not have to use a daycare. ??? :eek:

I haven't even had time to look for my guns mate!!!! ;D

C.S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts