Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Hornady today and they said that the 140gr for the 308me part no. 30311 IS shipped. No one at any reloading supply house says they have seen them. I do not know if "shipped" is thier standard answer or if they are actually on the way. I really, really want to try this bullet after hearing some of the reports on this site about the 160 FTX being a little too "soft" on game. I know some want a bullet to expend all of its energy in the animal and come to rest against the hide on the off side but I want TWO holes in an animal. Past experience has taught me that two holes are better than one and always bleed better. Not every deer will stand broadside like on the hunting shows and I want a bullet that will penetrate enough to exit even on e deer quartering to me. I really believe the Monoflex bullet has a better chance of doing this than the FTX.
Goat

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
There is some confusion with this. The last I was told when I checked with sales is that the bullet was on schel for June sometime? The first time I spoke with dome one about it the told me the same thing that it had shipped. After calling everywhere I could think of and no bullets I called back and got the scoop after the checked the production school. Many things have changed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i found a box of monoflex bullets at bass pro here in sa ,i didn't buy it because they were 40.00 for fifty

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
plumbercrackus said:
i found a box of monoflex bullets at bass pro here in sa ,i didn't buy it because they were 40.00 for fifty
They are probably for the 30-30. Midway has them waaay cheaper.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to an actual person(not a recording)at Huntingtons and even though it shows them on the website they DO NOT have them in stock. I haven't checked the other link that is posted but I suspect it is the same way. Many of the reloading supply houses show stuff on the websites they don't have in stock. One place a couple of weeks ago didn't even show that an item was out of stock until I got to the checkout part of the site. Since it was the primary part of my order I just cancelled the whole thing. I don't remember which place it was and I really wish I did. I am very slow on this computer thingy anyway and to do something like that is very frustrating. I still want the Monoflex and will eventually get some. I guess I need to get on the e-mail list of when something becomes available at some of the supply houses. I THINK that the Monolex for the 30/30 may be available(if they are not just the same bullet.) They do show a different part number in the 2011 Hornady catalog.
Goat

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Midway has the 30-30 monoflex flex bullet, however it was incorrectly listed as a 150 gr bullet....probably still is even after I called them to tell them about it. I have 2 boxes and tried some in the 308MX, they don't shoot that great. The 30-30 bullet is not the same as the 308MX. The MX bullet has a different taper and the crimp groove is in a different spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts