Marlin Firearms Forum banner

California 336W Newbie --- What Marlin is selling isn't what they advertise!

1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Dawei 
#1 ·
In November I purchased a new 336W (my first Marlin) from the Gallery of Guns. The rifle shoots fine but I was bothered that the lever, hammer, and trigger are rough-hewn and almost all the metal is black powder coat --- not "deeply blued metal surfaces; gold-plated trigger" as described on their website. Since the only way to contact Marlin is via snailmail (no email or phone listed) I sent them a letter asking what's up with my rifle. They received the letter over 10 days ago but no response as yet.

I feel ripped off!

#2 ·
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! I'd holler bloody murder for sure -- is Gallery of Guns Davidson's? They're the ones guilty of misleading advertising to my way of thinkin'. Hope you get it straightened out! John

Reactions: chipolin
#4 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#7 ·
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

#10 ·
welcome from central Texas

#13 ·
Welcome from Long Island farm country. Yep it's a Remlin, some are good shooters, the new W's have a Remington 870 Express finish, laminate stock with black oxide, not parkerized as some think, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

#16 ·
Welcome from New York farm country, keep your ammo dry!

#19 ·
Welcome from Connecticut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.