·
Registered
309 Posts
Dat’s good stuff, man!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
616 Posts
that would be the only dish my wife could make better than me. she could bake anything from scratch, but not so much of a cook, but did the liver and onions very well.
Barry

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Cajun, just looking at those pics I can taste and smell it. Don't get it often as my wife is not a fan of it. Oddly enough she loves the smell of it cooking but doesn't like the texture. Go figure. I do have to say that venison liver is even better.

Padraig

·
Registered
28,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oooooooh, and I didn't get the invite! Good stuff for sure.

one pound of liver don't go far! I ate half and the rest goes to my younger brother! Let me know when your on your way and I'll cook up more!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
623 Posts
Want al of y'all to have PLENTY! LOL!!
I HAD to eat that stuff when I was a kid - soon as I left home, I stopped eating liver of any kind.

I figger the Good Lord made liver for two things; to filter blood and as bait for Catfish! And before you ask, no I don't eat catfish either (Unless it's out of the Pedernales River.).
Y'all enjoy, I'll watch an maybe have a cold beer and a burger while you enjoy your sautéed liver and onions.

Seriously, enjoy it and have a good evening!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Oh man that looks good...being a PA Dutch kid....I ate a lot of L&O growing up. I like calves liver and chicken livers too. I'm the only one that likes it in my family so when the wife is away visiting her sister and isn't expected home for supper....I'll make a good plate of L&O...a pound doesn't go far...you're right.

redhawk

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
my mama and daddy use to eat liver, daddy loved deer liver also. me? no thanks! but I do make what we call liver pudding/country pudding. it consists of cooked hog parts. ground up with seasoning like sage and red and black pepper and cooked rice all stuffed into sausage casings. it sounds awful but it is good! it is a SC tradition and a lot of trouble to make. but when it is done making you can just get a hint of liver and it blends perfect with the other ingredients then you cook it in the oven till the skin is golden brown like sausage, here is a photo of some a local meat market makes in a pack.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pudding.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts