Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I went to visit a friend in Connecticut who is about to be operated on in two weeks. We decided to go to Cabela's and then to launch to send the day. From Brooklyn NY. to my friends house in Connecticut 75 miles then to Cabela's 55 miles. I thought on the way there I can pick up a pound or two of Leverevolution powder. But at the store I asked the man in charge for it, he look in the locked cabinet and there were no more. He looked at me and said "I saw the powder here this morning but their gone how. Do you live near by". I said no I live in Brooklyn NY. He said "I moved out of Brooklyn when I got out of the Army in 1964 and never went back". GOOD FOR HIM!

I was determinant not to go home empty handed and looked through the Hornady bullet shelves. The only FTX bullet that were there was 3 boxes of 358" 200gr. FTX. bullets. Well I took them because they shoot well in my 336XLR-35R and my Win. 94 356W. I bought a few other items and ended up sending $169.XX, I felt much better buying things I really don't need at this time but could use them in the future. Like I said not walking out empty handed.

Are the leverevolution items really that hot? First come first serve bases I guess.

What do you say about shopping for the Leverevolution items?

T :'( NY

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't know about the LE powder. But you've got to consider where your at. The PA Cabelas in Hamburg has a large supply of powder and bullets out in the open on shelves. I'd suspect there were quite a few more hunters and reloaders out in PA.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Powder and primers always seem to be "hit or miss" at the East Hartford store. I live 20 minutes from the store, but don't even bother looking for those items there anymore. That's ok though.... there's plenty of other things to spend my money on when I do stop there.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
papadelta said:
Don't know about the LE powder. But you've got to consider where your at. The PA Cabelas in Hamburg has a large supply of powder and bullets out in the open on shelves. I'd suspect there were quite a few more hunters and reloaders out in PA.
I have relatives in PA and was close to Hamburg last Saturday visiting them. I was with my wife and sister and couldn't get there and home fast enough. But I did think of it.

T :( NY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts