1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
23,558 Posts
Saw idiots walking up to bison/elk/deer to take pics when the wife and I last visited Yellowstone back in 1990. I see nothing has changed................

·
Registered
200 Posts
And now the bison will most likely be euthanized because of this stupid womens actions.

Unfortunately this is way too common.

Yea what are people thinking? - They approach the largest U.S. land animal and while unpredictable can hit 35 MPH and use you as a rag doll.

Perfect for a 'hold my beer and watch this' moment....

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
Y'know, there's different subdivisions among the Baby Boomers. This chick is from the Dumbass Tribe. A little stoney, and real detached from any wildlife experience. A city girl who never forgot that Dumbo could fly, crows could talk, and Brer Rabbit was safe in the briar patch. At 72 years old, she's book smart and dumber than a fencepost.

·
Premium Member
10,674 Posts
During my LEO career, I once stopped an inebriated Indian who claimed Arapaho lineage. He had some pretty terrible scars on his bare chest and back. I asked him what had happened, and he said: "Buffalo."
He sounds like he was the real deal. Not some tourist feeding 'cute' wild bears, then wondering how he ended up in the ER.

AC

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
And now the bison will most likely be euthanized because of this stupid womens actions.

Yea what are people thinking? - They approach the largest U.S. land animal and while unpredictable can hit 35 MPH and use you as a rag doll.

They need to put a notch on his horns to let people know he's not putting up with stupid.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I wouldn't call the woman stupid or an idiot...simply very ignorant when it comes to wild animals. I've met people like that who live their entire lives sheltered from the wild, and the only animals they know are those in a zoo. Those zoo animals become so accustom to people they go up to them and beg for food. People like her simply don't understand the danger of messing around with nature in the wild. Hope she recovers from her injuries and understands how lucky she is the animal didn't kill her.

·
Premium Member
10,674 Posts
I wouldn't call the woman stupid or an idiot...simply very ignorant when it comes to wild animals. I've met people like that who live their entire lives sheltered from the wild, and the only animals they know are those in a zoo. Those zoo animals become so accustom to people they go up to them and beg for food. People like her simply don't understand the danger of messing around with nature in the wild. Hope she recovers from her injuries and understands how lucky she is the animal didn't kill her.
The high cost of tuition in the school of life.

AC

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
The phrases STUPID, and DUMBASS still come to mind........................

Tom

·
Registered
2,845 Posts

I will kill it and eat it! Love Bison, think the park service would let me?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts