Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I picked up my first CZ today , this one is a model 512 22 mag semi auto fit and finish is fine.
Really light weight,it is a little different than what i'm used to but I think I will like it.
Pictures to follow as soon as I get my new storm door hung...

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have a CZ 455 American in .22mag and man its a tack driver, I predict you'll love yours. I put a Leupold rimfire scope on mine and its a sweet little set up.

Reactions: 1022

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well guys I picked up my first CZ today , this one is a model 512 22 mag semi auto fit and finish is fine.
Really light weight,it is a little different than what i'm used to but I think I will like it.
Pictures to follow as soon as I get my new storm door hung...
This is also my exact setup!!

Leupold 2x7 RIMFIRE scope LOVE IT !

CW

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have a CZ455 American in .22LR and it is very nice. My Marlin 981T will out shoot it every time. I'd like to get my hands on a CZ 452 or Savage MkII Classic. Maybe someday .22LR will show up on the shelves again. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have the 452 Military Trainer in 17 HMR (w/4-12 Bushnell). CZ makes some wonderful and incredibly accurate rifles. You're gonna love yours!

Reactions: cwlongshot and 1022

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good morning 1022,

Congrats on your new rifle. The LGS here has 2 of the 512/22mag models in stock. I looked at one of them on Friday and they are a sweet rifle for sure. I was tempted, but bought an H001TM lever action model instead.

I look forward to your first reports after you have had a chance to put your rifle though it's paces. I may have to make room in the safe for "just one more" :biggrin: rifle..

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love mine. It shot a .6" 10 shot group at 50 yards the first time I shot it. The trigger is my only gripe, I did some polishing which smoothed it out but it is still pretty heavy.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
We also have a nice collection of CZs, including the 512 in 22 LR. That darn 512 will shoot right there for group size at 50 yards with any of our CZ 22 LR bolts. I also know a guy who shoots a 512 in one of the stock categories in rimfire competition. He and his 512 are much feared.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the 452 Military Trainer in 17 HMR (w/4-12 Bushnell). CZ makes some wonderful and incredibly accurate rifles. You're gonna love yours!
Mine is a 452 SUPER EXECUTIVE 29" barrel 22LR and I agree, its a absolute tack driver!!

I used to have a 6x18 Trophy but moved it to my Crosman marauder PCP rifle and bought a Simmons side focus 6x18 Prohunter scope. NICE combination. I removed the rear site so I could et the scope as close to the barrel as possible.

CW

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
A 29" barrel, I'd think that would be a bit to long and would lose some velocity......
Mine is a 452 SUPER EXECUTIVE 29" barrel 22LR and I agree, its a absolute tack driver!!

I used to have a 6x18 Trophy but moved it to my Crosman marauder PCP rifle and bought a Simmons side focus 6x18 Prohunter scope. NICE combination. I removed the rear site so I could et the scope as close to the barrel as possible.

CW

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
Congrats,nice looking gun!I own a CZ American 30 06 and love it!May someday get a Lux in 22lr.CZ makes great rifles and handguns!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I exaggerated a bit its almost 28" but your spot on I guaranty it does loose velocity!! I cannot shoot any "quiet" rounds form this gun! But its as accurate as any!!

CW

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
With the velocity loss what is your max usable range for hunting and paper punching, and with what ammo? In all honesty the accuracy thing is cool, but other than that is it good for hunting?
I exaggerated a bit its almost 28" but your spot on I guaranty it does loose velocity!! I cannot shoot any "quiet" rounds form this gun! But its as accurate as any!!

CW

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like it a lot for hunting it's quiet with std vel.

It's did that a std 22 LR peaks vel in about 16" and a hyper vel in closer to 18". Even 22 magnums peak by 18" anything else is a loss vel wise.

I do not remember chronograph one it and I have t had a critter complain yet. ;)

CW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.