Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got two of these magazines for my 10 22 manufactured in '98. One works pretty good but the other tends to jam. I believe the problem is the the magazine fit to the gun, it tends to wiggle an aweful lot (Both do but one is worse than the other), causing the misfeeds. However, if I hold the gun by the magazine it feeds perfectly fine with not one misfeed. Can you think of anyway to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make sure it seated properly first. I would also take a good look at the plunger and consider replacing it. If the plunger is worn it won't hold the mag correctly and therefore not feed properly. Since the top of the mag is near identical to the standard BX-1 mag, it shouldn't be a fit issue. Maybe the added weight of the extra rounds are causing it to sag, again due to the plunger? Just some theories, I'm an owner but no expert.
I've also heard many people claiming to have problems until they dismantle it a clean out any rough areas and burrs. I'd give that a go for sure as well.
Wait a minute!? Where am I!? Oh yeah, the MARLIN forum!:) Just giving you a hard time but you might have better luck over at rimfirecentral.com...plenty of Ruger experts there!

·
Registered
603 Posts
this can happen with m16s too, if the magazine is loose, it eventually gets out of whack enough changing the feed angle. Check the plunger like said before, there's a spring behind it that gets pretty wimpy. if that doesnt work build up tape around the mag in the area thats loose and see if that works.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup that sounds like it will fix the problem I went on ruger's website and the part is only $2. Ya I know its a marlin forum (I own a marlin 336), but I know you rimfire guys probably know your fair share of the ruger as well. Thanks for your help I hope that fixes the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts