Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently a 1881 for sale on Gunbroker (945518180) listed as original finish...unfortunately in my opinion far from it...Gun appears to be largely refinished

Just wanted to protect the fine folks on this forum....

Just in a quick browse...appears to have wrong rear sight/elevator, case color off, satin wood finish with diminished checkering for overall high condition. Screws in frame case colored not blued, poor wood fitment on barrel side of forearm, forearm cap loose, tenon screw not blued. barrel blue color off. double set trigger don't appear to be blue, loading gate color looks off. etc.

I Generally like the sellers and generally there assessments are good, but this one unfortunately is off.

Sent a email to the seller giving my opinion and stating that I was just trying to keep them out of hot water....well I guess we will wait and see.

Don't get me wrong still be a cool gun to own, given that it would cost thousands more if original and cost a boat load more cash to have crafted today. (obviously no affiliation with the seller)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Wow! Much higher then I thought it would go for! To each, his own! I would rather have a gun with less condition, but original! I don't believe it left the factory with that engraving, and the refinishing isn't Turnbull standard, although it is pretty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts