Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a white butt spacer on my XS7. Does anyone know what size phillip head screw the butt pad is attached to the stock with? Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure what exact size it is, but when I removed mine I just grabbed a middle of the road phillips from the bench. The things are long winded so be ready. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
So a guy walks into a gun shop and says "I need a butt screw" whats funny about that? ;D You say that anywhere else and you're in trouble :eek: .DT

·
Registered
981 Posts
Isn't a butt screw what the politicians in Washington do to the taxpayers? ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are so funny! ;D ;D
After taking off the BUTT SCREWS ;D, I discovered the butt pad is not flat so putting on a white spacer would be more bother than it's worth. Think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Not really--get the spacer material you want and cut it large--mark out one hole for the fanny fastener using the butt plate for template--cut out the one screw hole. Mount the plastic on the butt pad and screw it down tight to the stock--butt pad should pull up the plastic to the necessary shape--now mark out the shape for cut out--you have it. Final step would be to locate the last screw hole and your done.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts