Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1994 Marlin 1895SS 45-70 with a 22" barrel. I have been looking and trying to find a new butt pad to replace the cracked one I have. I have gone thru gunparts twice and they continually send me the wrong one. I don't know why they call the rifle an 1895-SS as it looks exactly like and 1895-CS as the one I have has the cross bolt safety also. If anyone knows where I can get a replacement butt pad I would appreciate it.

Thanks ahead
fk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Best thing I could have done for my 1895G was replacing the factory recoil pad with a Sim's Limbsaver size medium grind away recoil pad. Even Buffalo Bore 430 grain 1950 fps. loads seem mild after installing one. Not too dificult to install... just watch a couple videos on youtube for the installation and fitting process. Worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Vintage Gun Grips by
Triple K Mfg. 2222 Commercial Street.
619-232-2066 San Diego, Ca 92113
Swany posted this place the other day. Couldn't figure out how to post a link but if you google it you should have no problems finding it. Hope this helps.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Limbsaver 1003 fit a wee big on the wood, but makes hellaous loads, heavenly

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I agree with Pard, Limbsaver makes a "screw on" replacement butt pad that fits well takes 2 minutes to install and allows you to shoot any load in a t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
PM sent

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts