Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Gun Emporium has a Butler Creek kit for the 10-22. It includes a synthetic stock, and a heavy steel non-fluted bull barrel, .920" dia.

Anyone got experience with this one? Looks interesting to me, and I am thinking of buying it. That barrel weighs a ton! All comments are more than welcome before I decide on it- small end of year bonus coming up...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
70 Posts
Doc; Most of the comments I've seen on these barrels have been good. I seem to remember seeing somewhere ( I think on Rimfire Central) that these are actually made by Green Mountain, which if this is in fact the case, I would bet they are descent barrels. I purchased a GM bull barrel for a 10/22 that would not group smaller than 3 inches at fifty yards. The GM barrel will shoot between 1/2 and 3/4 inch at fifty with no other mods to the little carbine. I am impressed. Glen

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'v got one that clovers at 25 yrds, I have another that wont hit caca, with BC its about a 50/50 propositon if you get a good one or not. I dont know if GM make's them for BC or not but if you want a synthetic stock and bull barrel you might consider getting the hogue overmolded stock and buy the barrel direct from GM.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree with Ty!
There is a dealer here that sells the 10/22 in the Hogue stock with the Green Mountain barrel. They are sweet! I really like the stock a lot.

Wannabe

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great Ceasers Ghost!!!!!! I can't believe my curse hasn't got you yet!!!!!! Since it hasn't I will recomend a stock from Stafford sales, a barrel from green mountain, and luck from the Irish!!!!!! It's always worked for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a custom 10/22 that I did myself ..(adams and Bennet bull barrels with compitator... wildcat stock ...hornet trigger asm... hornet speed bolt...Bsa platnium scope.) Both Green Mountain and A&B are good barrels for the price.
You would not believe what they can shoot.... try this 8)
http://10xshooters.com/BlackDeathChallenge/

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wolfhawke-

I've already maxxed it with a repro 52-B Sporting, without major modifications. I'm in Canada and it's kinda tuff to bring barrels into the country now without an export permit.... I'll wait and see what turns up at shows in the future.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts