Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have 4 knives that I use exclusively for butchering. I had a semi distant relative that made his living as a butcher and when he got older he gave me three of his knives. One was a CaseXX with about a 8" blade, another was an Old Hickory with about a 5" blade and the other the maker is unknown but it was what I call the classic sweeping blade of about 10". My fourth knife was a Xmass present from a couple years ago , it is a french chefs knife about 8" blade made by a company in Germany who I cannot remember at the moment.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Use various ones, but having been a dealer a few years ago I sold all the major brands such as Forschner/Victorinox, Ontario(Old Hickory), Chicago, Henkels, Burgvogel, Dick of the German brands etc....the most favorably commented upon and the most loyal following I found was for Russell/Green River knives. Yes, that same company that furnished the fur trade still makes those famous " Green River" knives that the furnished for the mountain men.
I am friends of most of the folks at Ontario... and Old Hickory is a good knife for the price, but it is of course much less costly than the others mentioned..

www.dexter-russell.com/

Just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts