Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Butch Cassidy and Fernando McKenny - The Lost Bolivian episode

3K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  JBledsoe 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The first of April is THE peak Peep season. Be careful out there and use "Safari Grade" ammo only in your Hyphenated Marlins

#6 ·
We now know the truth of what it was like at Custer's battle at the LBH. Once again we have witnessed another famous battle for historians to ponder over a 100 years from now. The little big peeps last stand. eh

#10 ·
While I don't have the imagination, or the courage, you guys are having fun. So many of us live vicariously through your endeavors and for that, a big thank you. Like my buddy says, "the weather is here, wish you were beautiful." Be safe out there, Steve.

The Trophy and I watched this together, again. It occurs to me we have a new "line" for when the dinger action gets hot. "You call that cover?"

#13 ·
You two have entirely too much time on your hands!
On the other hand, I can't believe you made it out alive! Don't you know any Kindergarten student could have "eaten" you out of harms way?! No sense wasting all that powder, what with the shortages and all.

#14 ·
Wind - Good to see Cleat had your back during this firefight. As for Wet Dog's running skills (or lack there of), I speak from experience that when running under fire, results beat technique every time. For instance, while in Vietnam, I was exposed for the first time to the "prone running position", a technique not experienced in my military service until that time. You would amazed at the distance you can cover with the proper incentive (green incoming tracers trying to match your movements for example), in a very short period of time. Wet Dog, Wind, Cleat glad to see all of you came out unscathed. Happy April 1st. Shenandoah

#15 · (Edited)
Mo,

Where do you suppose peeps come from?...............Now, I'm guessing Noah must have let some Peeps onto the ARK, huh?

I'm bein' real careful here in CT.........I bit the head off a Big Purple one, right after Lunch!.............But now I'm startin to hunt down some of those White Chocolate Rabbits!

Tom

#18 · (Edited)
Well, I've been known to do things BACKWARDS sometimes, like reading the assembly instructions while sipping a good Wine when the steaks are cooking on the NEW grille...............

I just watched Wind's video, cuz I thought I mighta" missed some important info.........and I did! :ahhhhh:

Its clear WHY you guys got Bushwacked!.............Them Peeps were after Mo's Tourquoize Robe!............:shot:...Them Peeps got an "eye fer fashion"!........:flute:

Lunarphase, I'm told "Big Dog's" ancestors were at Little Peep Horn..............They were ammo carriers fer the .......Oh, nevermind!...I don't want to alter history!

Tom........:shot:

#19 ·
Its clear WHY you guys got Bushwacked!.............Them Peeps were after Mo's Tourquoize Robe!............:shot:...Them Peeps got an "eye fer fashion"!........:flute:Tom........:shot:
Tom,
I think you must be onto something. I heard that another fella who shops where I do had the same thing happen to him.

Cleat does have a sense of fashion as well. When I woke up on Sunday morning he was just rolling in from a night out, resplendent in a magnificent robe of his own. No doubt his chick magnetness went up a notch or five!

#21 ·
Wind - Be careful, be very careful. If a rabbit peep got away you know what they say about rabbits. In a couple of months (or less) you guys could be up to your hips in rabid rabbit peeps. Keep your rifles loaded with your "magnum" ammo and have Cleat wear his wide leather collar.
Lunar - Don't worry much about Cleat, he is a close combat veteran. Review the incident reported last year and see how Cleat ended it with "The great Pyrenees Foot Stomp". Shenandoah

#22 ·
I would have unleashed the "Dog of Heck" (Cleat) on those peeps!

Reactions: Wet Dog and dhansen
#23 · (Edited)
Wind and FernandMo, thank heavens you made it out alive!

Nice to see the Marlins holding their own at "social distances".

I was worried that your Marlins were so used to shooting halfway to Canada that they'd forgotten how to do stuff "up close and personal".

And Wind, don't pay no attention . . . ANY cover is GOOD cover !

Regards,

B

#24 ·
You two are just too much! I can tell that the Happenz IV will be one not to miss!

Hey Fernando - Make sure that robe is used strictly for midnight raids to the refrigerator during the Happenz. I don't know if we can handle much of those hairy legs and knobby knees!

#25 ·
I only have one question and I didn't not see it answered in the after action report! I don't care about the Peep count, I don't care that there is a massive hoard headed towards TomRay and Shenandoah, I don't care if the free world is about to over run by the peep hoard.
What is the status of Bubbles and Bambi? Were they taken hostage, did they get injured, did the peep hoard have their way with them? ARE THEY OK? Good god, man we need a complete status report! We are on Pins and Needles here at the Bellingham outpost.

PS- Oh yeah... glad you, Wind and Cleat made it out OK. It looked pretty ruff there for a while. No signs of any zombie peeps?

#26 ·
Hey there Ron -- Rest easy - Bubbles and Bambi are fine! Cleat tucked in on my six whilst Fernando scampered off for more ammunition. Without him there, I would have been a goner. Nothing fazes the big guy. Once Fernando returned, we sent Cleat off to keep an eye on the girls. He grabbed one of the belt fed Marlins and set up an ambush point. He got more of the little buggers than we did!!

View attachment 98470

For the rest of you guys, keep your good eye peeled. It will only get worse in the coming week...

Best regards. Wind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.