Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're inexpensive, a few folks who've maxed the BDT use them, I'm considering buying one for atop my 880SQ. Are they a bit of a gem? Apparently so... Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I have a Bushnell Banner .22 on my 39A that's been on there since 1982.....still shoots fine. I got no beef.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I maxxed the BDT with mine- a 4-12X 40mm A/O. No real complaints cept they have a tendency to fog at -20 C or so, but I haven't met a scope that doesn't yet... Russell's in Calgary is sposed to be good price wise, if you are near them. There's a Banner 6 X 40mm A/O target for sale on CGN's parts and bits exchange for 175 bucks....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The guy changed the listing on CGN- he had it erroroneously listed as a Banner- it is actually a Scope Chief- quite desirable at that price!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put a Bushnell Banner 4x-12xAO on my Biathlon Basic.

I was so impressed with it that I went down and bought another for my Marlin 880SQ......which formerly had a Leupold Varix-II 3x-9x.

It took a long time to beat the importance of an AO scope for general target shooting at 22LR ranges,.....but, I have finally arrived!

One thing that is great on these $89 scopes, is the eye focus on the rear lens. It is quick adjustable, unlike any other scope I've ever used. This may not be as important for anyone who is the sole user of their rifle, but a boon to those of us who have kids.

hog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts