Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a Bushnell Banner 1-4x 32mm - Circle-X be a good scope to use on a 1895 GBL for hog hunting? It has a 6" eye relief. Have a chance to get one real cheap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hugo, I've used the Banners on several different leverguns. They are excellent scopes at a great price. Made in Korea, not Chi-com, and can be had for around $70 new. I say go for it.
Troy, do you think the 50 yard Parallax could be an issue?

Hugo

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's never been an issue with me. I hunt brush and timber and most shots are 25-75 yards. Alot of folks use the 50yd parallax shotgun scopes on their leverguns, and love em.
Good to hear! Thanks Troy!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The subject scope has been sold :'(. But managed to score a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4x32 on Amazon for $25 after discount. Thanks for the advise Troy, I felt this scope was very similar to the 1-4x 32mm.:)

·
Super Moderator
24,980 Posts
The subject scope has been sold :'(. But managed to score a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4x32 on Amazon for $25 after discount. Thanks for the advise Troy, I felt this scope was very similar to the 1-4x 32mm.:)
I have used that very scope on a muzzleloader, slug shotgun, and a 30-30 with very good results. All the Bushnell Banner scopes (1-4X/1.5-4.5X/1.75-4X) work very well in dense cover for close up shots. You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: HugoBoss

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yep, T-Roy is right. I use a NiKon 1 - 4 by 32 turkey camo shotgun scope with fifty yard parallax on my Marlin 444. It has never loosened or been a problem ever. I used the glass on my 45/70 until I sold it and got the 444. Still take some ribbing about the camo..but it works and its not broke so I don't change it.

Reactions: HugoBoss

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey HugoBoss, the 1.75-4x32 also has the circle x and 6" of eye relief, so you should be good to go. The 1.5-4.5x32 that Jay mentioned above is also a great scope but has shorter eye relief. Great deal on the scope by the way!
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
24,980 Posts
If you want a good in-between scope for a lever rifle and not have to pay a lot of money--try a Bushnell Banner 2-7X36mm scope. I think you can only get it online through Cabelas if I remember right. I have that one on my muzzleloader and had another one on a 35 Rem that I traded away. Its like the other Bushnell Banner scopes--great value for the bucks spent.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you guys know anything about UTG Lever Lock 1" Scope Rings. These are the 4 screw medium height type.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great price. How does one go about getting the discount? Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great price. How does one go about getting the discount? Thanks.
You get $30 credit when you take out a Amazon Visa card. The scope was considered used but in like new condition, which means it was most likely a opened returned new item. I've done this on other items from them and have never been burned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You get $30 credit when you take out a Amazon Visa card. The scope was considered used but in like new condition, which means it was most likely a opened returned new item. I've done this on other items from them and have never been burned.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the scope today. Looks new and is in the original packaging. Someone bought this scope opened up the packaging and for some reason returned it so I could get a good discount. I can't wait to get the gun I ordered from Buds to mount it.:biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts