1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,152 Posts
hello Capt,yes, I bought one 3 years ago and I absolutely love mine.Much easier to use than a gps.You can mark 3 points with mine.If im in my truck and want to plan a still hunt,I can mark an ending point,drive to a stating point and it will tell me in yards/miles,how far the distance is in between.Not to mention get me to within 10 yards of my exact ending point.And when I shoot a deer way back,I can mark the deer,go get some draggin help and use it to walk right back to it.The woods where I live are very remote.Its mostly all national forest,and the backtracker gives me more confidence to go see whats over that next hill while concentrating on hunting and not getting turned around.The newer ones are also supposed to be an improved version of mine.FRAN

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank ya very much.. I have a garmin 60csx.. an it works great ... but I want somethin very basic to take huntin . point a... to point b..

Iam gonna try one of these..

·
Super Moderator
5,152 Posts
You wont be disappointed,I too had a magellan, but it was far to complex for me to rely on it.I would accidentally shange functions etc... and got frustrated.A few years later they came out with these,now my buddies and I all have one.It is a great way to do a deer drive to specific people,walk right to them and plan the next.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very easy to use and not complicated - great battery life ! Good for us older folk who are not as technical as the younger crowd...

Reactions: capt greg
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.